Casa de Felipe 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FelipesMommy

Reaction score
I have finally decided to do a blog! Hopefully everyone will enjoy this. I plan to use this mostly to share life with Felipe and my activities volunteering at the no-kill animal shelter. First off, introductions!

My name is Sarah and I'm 23 years old. I teach inclusive preschool (special needs and typical children) for the 3 year old group. I also spend time during the weekends working with The Haven, our local no-kill animal shelter. I help run adoptions at Petsmart, usually on Sundays but occasionally Saturdays as well. We are a non-profit and currently have around 600 dogs and 450 cats. We do a ton of adoptions but we are constantly getting new animals in as well. We receive strays, family dogs, military dogs (families can't keep them due to moves or deployment), and rescue from high-kill county shelters. Every week is an adventure.

Felipe is my first bunny. I got him last March and he is almost 1 year old. He's a blue Himalayan dwarf mix and FULL of personality! He is free roam throughout the living room, dining room and hallway while I'm home. When I'm at work or out of the house, he stays in his cage/playpen combo. He goes in the cage only at night to sleep. He is super curious about everything. His favorite foods include berries of all types for treats, bok choy, and green peppers. Felipe has only one vice- carpet chewing. He has gotten alot better about it recently but it is still a daily struggle. I've tried everything, but am always open to suggestions.

HI!
101_1448-1.jpg

Investigating the table
101_1548.jpg

Enjoying his trip to Petsmart!
101_2058.jpg

Just wanted to share some pups from the no-kill shelter I volunteer with. We do adoptions at PetSmart every weekend and today a family brought in 6 puppies they had found in the woods behind their house. They were in a box under an old abandoned barn. They are so cute, barely old enough to have their eyes open. They will be fed by eye dropper for awhile and be up for adoption when they are old enough. It took about 2 minutes in their new cage for them to fall asleep in a puppy pile.
101_2266.jpg

This bearded collie has been at our shelter for about 4 years. Super happy to be at PetSmart today!
101_2262.jpg

If I could adopt, I would definitely get Lady, a Airedale terrier mix. She is nine years old and has been coming to the store for several months looking for a family. Super sweet and smart as well. These pictures make her look taller than she is, she's really pretty low to the ground.
101_2263.jpg

101_2264.jpg

Felipe is adorable:) Those are some very cute puppies and the dogs too. We got a new dog last September (after our 13 year old dog had to be put down due to cancer). We live in Canada but our new dog was brought,along with 30 others, from Mississippi. Our shelter gets lots of cats but not so much dogs so sometimes they bring some from other places. On her papers it said that her owners could not keep her due to deployment.
Anyway, looks like Felipe is a very lucky bunny and has a great life with you.

Felipe decided to build a teepee last night. When I went in the living room he was sitting beside it like he was waiting for me. I complimented him on his construction work profusely and took a picture. After taking the pic, he immediately tore it down. He will do lots of silly stuff like that (ex. throwing all his blocks in his water dish) and wait around for me to see it before he "fixes" it.

101_2268.jpg

Hi Sarah,

Your Felipe is ADORABLE. I love the picture of him on your table.

Good looking dogs to. What breed are the puppies?

I look forward to more pictures of Felipe.

Susan:)

I want to share a bit about how Felipe came into my life. I've had dogs my whole life and hated not having them during college. After college I lived in my apartment for about 1.5 years without a pet. I'm not allowed dogs and I don't like cats, so I started thinking about a bunny. Luckily for me, Felipe acts VERY much like a dog!

After doing some research and lots of visits to the petstore (I know, I know) I got Felipe. I was THRILLED with him immediately. He was and is so sweet and playful. After dealing with depression during college, I was having a bit of a hard time when I got Felipe. The combination of a medication change and getting Felipe made a huge improvement in my depression. I love having someone to take care of, and having him around brings me a lot of joy. I really owe him a lot.

Rabbits can definitely brighten our days! I hope to hear more about you and your bunny soon. I love rescue stories!

Latest posts

Back