Carrots

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDShorty

Reaction score
I usually give Dori half a carrot in the morning and half a carrot in the evening. I am wondering though, is this ok? Will it harm her in anyway to have a full carrot everyday? She also gets romaine and brocoli and once in a blue moon she'll geta piece of fruit, I would say maybe once a week or once every two weeks.

I was just thinking that today about the carrots. I give mine a baby carrot in the morning because the vet said one baby carrot a day would not be too bad. So, thats what i follow for now. Im debating about giving it to him every other day.

bluedimplett wrote:
I was just thinking that today about the carrots. I give mine a baby carrot in the morning because the vet said one baby carrot a day would not be too bad. So, thats what i follow for now. Im debating about giving it to him every other day.

Well, he said it wouldn't be "too bad";). I'd at least go every other day, or even less than that-a couple times a week if it were me.

Greens are much better for them. Carrots should be fed more like a treat really.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
bluedimplett wrote:

Well, he said it wouldn't be "too bad";).  I'd at least go every other day, or even less than that-a couple times a week if it were me.

Greens are much better for them.  Carrots should be fed more like a treat really.

Oh, well he gets his share of Cilantro and Basil and sometimes mint i am thinking about introducing parsley. :) But, I think i will cut down on the sugar. Thanks for the info !

bluedimplett wrote:
AngelnSnuffy wrote:
bluedimplett wrote:

Well, he said it wouldn't be "too bad";). I'd at least go every other day, or even less than that-a couple times a week if it were me.

Greens are much better for them. Carrots should be fed more like a treat really.

Oh, well he gets his share of Cilantro and Basil and sometimes mint i am thinking about introducing parsley. :) But, I think i will cut down on the sugar. Thanks for the info !
You're quite welcome!:D Parsley is a really good one btw, mine have always loved it! It's cheap too!:D

I agree with all the other members who replied about the carrots, they contain increased levels of sugar and should be given as a treat, not on an every day basis. Talking about parsley, it's really tasty and most bunnies love it and it also contains Vit. E, however, I've read in almost all the Safe Veggies' Lists there are that it contains high levels of calcium and a moderate amount should be fed, mixed with a variaty of other veggies, in order to avoid urine sludge problems in the long run.

Marietta

Latest posts

Back