Carriers for rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezeta

Reaction score
I just saw a girl with a handbag with her rabbit sat inside with his little head poking out It looked happy enough to be in there.

Any ideas whereI could get one from? I'm from the UK it was like Paris Hilton has with her dog in, it had a curved bit so the rabbit could have its head out.

Does anyone else have one? I have seen some on the Internet for small dogs it could be one of those she had. Would a small dog one be suitable or can you get them specially for rabbits?

Thanks, xx

I've just spotted these too but I don't know it they are suitable for rabbits as I have never seen one in the 'flesh'.

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=151&pf_id=4295

shiny_purse_carrier.jpg

I think they are for small cats and dogs.
I have 2 but they are for bringing the rabbits to the vet, not carrying around.

rabb1tmad wrote:
I've just spotted these too but I don't know it they are suitable for rabbits as I have never seen one in the 'flesh'.
From the pic, ventilation doesn't look good. (Probably more important for rabbits than dog and cats).

I just got two -- a Sherpa bag and this plaid cloth carrier.They're 'okay'. I'll try and find pics when I get some time.

sas :)

Well here are some pictures of the bag, I usually have the front part open and half the top open when in the car.I don't drive so I can keep them in the bag but relaxed.

100_7586.jpg

100_7587.jpg

100_7588.jpg

100_7589.jpg

They are also not in it long. Most 20 minute drives. For the vet I use the hard carriers. Oh and I have a few other ones.

:DYou sound bag mad like me!! I'm in love with that bag (not as much as the bunnies in your bag though ;)

I have got a really old green bag its fairly big and is just has a large zip at the top (sorry I'm useless at describing things) Anyways Jess will be happily carries around in it and always has her head popped out so she can see whats going on with the world, I had her in the car with it on its side in the house and couldn't find Jess anywhere, she was inside the bag sprawled out he he, I was going to get a pic but she jumped out thinking I was coming with treats :D

So I thought if she likes that bag It would be nice to get her a nice one that also looks pretty for me (double bonus :D) Your bag is fab, just the sort of thing looking for

P.S) Hope this all makes sense I'm still at work so had to hurriedly type it, sorry if any spelling mistakes too

Here is the one I use:

800443007426C.jpg

800443007440C.jpg

One of the side panels has a cover that you lift and fold up with velcro. The inside has a nice sturdy floor covered in fleece. It wasn't too much of a hassle for my dwarf at all, since the thing is still many times bigger than she is, but if it can accommodate a small dog I'm sure it can accommodate bunnies larger than mine :) And unlike other pet carriers, you can make certain your bunny won't jump out and escape!Both the top and side can be zippered up :D

Where did you get those bags?? I think they're WONDERFUL!! And I would LOVE to give them a shot for vet visits and giving my girls some fresh air occasionally! :)

tksama wrote:
Here is the one I use:

800443007426C.jpg

800443007440C.jpg

One of the side panels has a cover that you lift and fold up withvelcro. The inside has a nice sturdy floor covered in fleece. It wasn'ttoo much of a hassle for my dwarf at all, since the thing is still manytimes bigger than she is, but if it can accomodate a small dog I'm sureit can accomodate bunnies larger than mine :) And unlike other petcarriers, you can make certain your bunny won't jump out and escape!Both the top and side can be zippered up :D

Pipp wrote:
PS:Neither Pipp nor Dill could ever have their little teeththatclose to a zipper without severing it! :?

sas

The zips lasted about 5 minutes on my first one :shock:
Jack pulled them off one by one in outrage for being put in a carrier.

I'll see if I can take pics of mine later, I have 1 like tksama'spicsbut more enclosed, and the other is wide and long, and can fit all 4 rabbits at once, REALLY handy for the vet.

Back