Carpet Chewing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FelipesMommy

Reaction score
Felipe got neutered back in September, partly to help cut down on his carpet chewing (or so I hoped). I have tried everything- giving him more toys, various blocks/sticks to chew, more hay, more time out of the cage, less time out of the cage, covering his favorite spots with blankets or carpet squares, squirting him in the face with water, giving him cardboard/magazines/books to chew... everything I can think of. He just won't stop! He is well-trained in other areas but I just can't get a handle on this chewing thing. I live in an apartment so he CANNOT chew the carpet. He's pulling up yarn. Please please offer any advice you have! I am at my wits end.

Sorry that you have a chewing bunny! If he's chewing and can't be deterred then I'm afraid you'll have to either supervise him while he's on carpet or put something on top of the carpet where he can play and confine him to that area. Cheap cardboard can be laid down over the carpet. Or better yet, get a cotton throw rug and just put it over your apartment's carpeting so he can chew on that and you won't have to worry about it harming him or your lease.

It's a real bummer, I know. One of my buns used to run around free until one day I discovered some chewed up carpet and from then on I could no longer leave him out unattended. He still gets to run around every so often in the carpeted area, but I watch him. He doesn't do it all the time, once in a blue moon, in fact, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Latest posts

Back