Carolyn, one final news report from Tucker Town, please ...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the good times areabout to end. Carolyn, would you please give us just onefinal update on our favorite citizens, the residents of TuckerTown?

I'm already getting a little teary as I think about therelocations.

Tell me about getting teary eyed,BunnyMommy! Fortunately, I convinced Buck and the Mrs. to pick them upnext weekend and not tomorrow. *phew!*

Well, Missy has charmed her way into my nephew's heart somehow,someway. He announced to me a couple of days ago that Missy is his veryfavorite bunny. She definitely loves the men, that Lady. Last night, asI was saying good night to her and spending some time, she gave me morekisses than she's ever done before. Her kisses have only been given tome when I rub her ears, but last night, even when I stopped, shecontinued to kiss my hand...no food or treats on the horizon either.That really got me. I absolutely couldn't believe it. She genuinelylikes me. That's a big hurdle in my estimation; being able to softenher heart. She's not easily won over. She's a sweetheart, but shedefinitely takes her time in who she determines worthy of her heart.

Tucker has mellowed just a tad, but I know he misses his old routine.He's a trooper though and has displayed more patience with the rabbitsthan he does with me. I can't tell you how many times he marks his areaaround Missy's cage. Forget about having a litterbox when Missy'saround. I also am unable to count the number of times Missy and he kissthrough the cage. I swear, if any two rabbits could be paired, it'd bethem and they're total opposites. He's small, she's big; he's dark,she's light; he's got up ears, hers are down; the list goes on and on.He's really going to miss her, there's no question in my mind.

He does get annoyed with Calbert though. Whenever Calbert is out, heenjoys hopping on everyone's cage and pooping on them. Tucker gets sucha mad look when he does it. The girls don't seem to care as much, but Idon't like him doing it, so I always shoo him away when I catch him.Honest to God, he'll do it at least twice whenever he's free. He's nowgotten into the habit of hopping back into his cage on his own at theend of his shift. It amazes me because he was the one that was the mostdifficult to catch, and now he seems to have an uncanny sense ofknowing that it's time and I never have to go after him anymore. He isso much fun!

My Fauna girl retreats back into her regression from time to time. Lastweek, I was really bummed that she was not being a part of the socialscene at all. I'd let her out and she'd run right back to the cage. Hermemories of her old life and her happiness about her new life isdefinitely an ebb and flow situation. Her eye will crust over from timeto time, but the medication that the vet gave me clears it up within 12hours. Had some girlfriends over last night and I'm happy to say thatFauna stayed out and with us for at least an hour. That's the longestshe's ever stayed away from her cage. It's going to take time. One ofmy friends was holding her last night and she was looking at me like,"Why are you letting this happen?!" She did kick and get out of herarms. She really seems to be much like Missy in her selectiveness ofpeople and what she'll tolerate.

So things continue along here happily in Tucker Town. I learn somethingfrom each bun every day in their behavior. Calbert is definitelyhigh-drama as is Tucker. I'm going to be so sad when these guys have toleave. I've considered bonding Tucker and Fauna, but the verdict isstill out on that. I wouldn't do it during camp because there was toomuch to deal with for each bun, but after things quiet down, it mightbe something that I want to visit. At the very least, I'd like to haveTucker and Fauna out and about at the same time even if they're notcaged together. Tucker's the hog of the bed. He's got a mansion of acage for him and he seems to use up every square inch of it. I don'tknow if there's room enough for another rabbit in his castle with hisattitude.

Thanks for asking, BunnyMommy. A long-winded reply to a short question. I'm sure you're sorry you asked!

I sure miss dajeti2. She would've gotten a kick out of it.

-Carolyn

Thanks so much for this excellent post,Carolyn. I can just see the "dramas" of Tucker Townunfolding. :)

So glad to read that you have a brief reprieve and will be ableto spend a little extra time with the buns. I know, as well,that they're going to miss you and all that you've done forthem.

I wish Tina was here too. She would have lovedthis. I'm missing both she and Apollo as much as I'm going tomiss Calbert and Missy. I'm happy to know though that Faunawill continue in your loving care. It has been soheartwarming to witness her progress as she has transitioned from awithering vine to a rose bud fighting to bloom. I know that she willcontinue to metamorphisize like a butterfly from a cocoon under yourwatchful eye.

That Calbert is a hoot! Pooping on the other bunnies... I wonder what the bunny "psychologists" would have to say aboutthat! I tell you, he could have his own comedy routine and do well atit!

Queen Missy ... you gotta love her. I'm sure that sheenjoyed reigning over her court during this time. Don't knowhow Buck and Mrs. Buck are going to handle her when she getshome. Once you go royal it's hard to go back! lol!

My sweet baby Tucks ... he's been a trooper through all ofthis. I know that it was hard for him to share his space andhis mommy, but he really rose to the occasion. It would beinteresting to see inside his head and how he's going to process thesememories. I'm sure that having two adoring female bunniesvying for his favor didn't hurt his ego one little bit!:D

Thanks again for both sharing this update and for allowing usall to be a part of the magic that is Tucker Town.

thanksfor the news on Tucker Town...just sorry thatcamp is almostover ,your stories of the goings on are not only humourous but insightfulinto the world ofmultiple bunnies~alas Tucker must be quitelooking forward to having his domain back.

P.S. No one did answer me-How muchransom are you making Buck pay for the return of his buns?

*grin grin*

Cher

Good God, BunnyMommy. You write and express yourself so eloquently! Thank you for that beautiful note.

Cher,

No, I'd never take a dime from Buck.

After a while, one can't rely on memory serving them too well anymore.I don't see any extra bunnies around here. Buck must be confused aboutwhere he left them.

-Carolyn

It is so cute that Missy has finally started tobond with you. All those kisses - too cute.

Hope Fauna's eyes get better soon. Poor baby. It will take time withher, butI know with your love and care, next time you haveCalbert and Missy round, she'll be joing in all the fun! :)

Calbert pooing on the others - What a scamp :p

And then theres our Tucker. He's been a little love letting those otherbuns into is house. I bet now he has finally got used to them, he willmiss Calbert and Missy as much as you. However,I bet he willbe pleased to have you all to himself again :D

It's going to be hard for you to say goodbye, I know. I bet your so happy you get another week with them.

Aww Carolyn such a shame camp is drawing to a close. I have enjoyed allyour stories in Tucker Town. I bet your going to miss Missy and Calbertso much.

---------------------------

BunnyMommy - Just love your avatar showing Sherman is all his Royal glory! Too too cuteLOL

Vickie

Carolyn thanks for the update. Wealways enjoy hearing about camp!My 2 arebonded butI keep them in separate cages. Trixie hasalways been the larger of the 2 buns, therefore she has enjoyedasserting her dominance. Trouble used to be only 4 pounds buthe has grow-en and now is 71/2 to 8 pounds. He seems to likehaving his own space. that and my cages are not large enoughfor 2big buns to be in full time. One day we willhave a largerliving area and I hope to get them biggercages. I know they will enjoy that.

Bunny Mommy, I love your new avatar! I have enjoyed that picture of Sherman so much!

:DBeckie

You just tell those bunnies that w'era comin' forthem no matter what shennanigans they think they can get a waywith! Our outside bunnies here in NJ are giving them bunny"Nyaah, nyaahs" and binkying with satisfaction that the house crew willhave to come home from summer camp in the Adirondacks.

Recently widowed Mitzie, has said she has her eye on Calbert and knowshow to knock some of the clown out of him, if we will give her thechance to work her wiles on him.

And Missy, of course, is still working off the enormous debt sheincurred for us due to her unselective palate and tastes. Shewill have to provide many more bunny kisses and binks around herebefore she has settled that issue. I do hope Tuckercangain some solace with Fauna's presence after the Princessleaves.

I must agree, though, that Fauna is a done deal! She isabsolutely where she belongs to be, with a loving home, suchas you are providing. I don't know of anyone who could havedealt with her so well, in such a short period of time. Evenif the other two whine, squeal and holler,they're cominghome, and Fauna will be a "camp" for the rest of her life.

All kidding and humor aside, I would liketo publicly thankyou, Carolyn, for taking such good care of our house buns. Wehave felt completely at ease over them during this five week periodthey have been with you and their loving responses to you indicates howsuccessful your care and concern has been.

Thank you very much.

Buck

Dearest BunnyMommy,

You asked what a pet psychologist would think of Calbert poopin oneveryone's head and Buck answered that question in an email. He saidsomething to the effect of that "Calbert might be a clown, but he's nota dumb one! His pooping on everyone's head lets them all know that he'sthe Alpha Rabbit."

By the sounds of Buck's post, Queen Missy is going to go back to being Cinderella. (Humph! N O T!!)

When you ended your post, I felt like I was leaving Disney World. :(

Dearest Vickie,

Tucker won't have me to himself. He's got a sister, or a bride. Not sure how that's going to go.

After summer camp is over and things have settled down, my ultimategoal is to be able to have Tucker and Fauna be out together. I thinkI'll keep them in separate cages because Tucker does like to stretchout. We'll see.

Dearest Beckie,

I completely understand what you're saying. You want each rabbit to beable to be comfortable and their cages are big enough for one, but twocould be considered tight-quarters.

Same thing going on here.

They both have big cages, but if I were to pair them up, I don't think they'd be comfortable.

Dearest Buck,

You embarrassed me. You don't have to thank me publicly.

It was an honor that you left them with me.

Silly me, who's going to be so sad that summer camp is over is sayingin my head, "Now Carolyn. They're going to a better home than yourswith a much more knowledgeable parent so Get Over It!"

Thank you for sharing your family with me. Calbert may have justmet his match when he meets Mitsie, but IIIIII don't know! He's prettycrazy! :shock: Imagine Mitzie's surprise going from Maxie to Calbert.

This'll be better than I Love Lucy.

:)

-Carolyn

You asked what a pet psychologist wouldthink of Calbert poopin on everyone's head and Buck answered thatquestion in an email. He said something to the effect of that "Calbertmight be a clown, but he's not a dumb one! His pooping on everyone'shead lets them all know that he's the Alpha Rabbit."
Oh, Carolyn.... Oh! Oh! I think that I've hurtmyself. Oh, mercy! I've laughed so hard ... can't move. Beback to comment on the more serious aspects of this post ....

Oh, mercy, notagain!!!!!!!!!!!

Appropriate Avatar, BunnyMommy.

:dude:

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back