Carnivorous Bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pherber12

Reaction score
My friend has a free roaming bunny who likes to eat cat food. She keeps moving the cat food around but the bunny always ends up finding it. Obviously this is not good, but does anyone know how dangerous this is?

The bunny has her own food; pellets, hay and veggies -- but she apparently really enjoys cat food.

I don't know how much the bunny ingests, but I know she has tried elevating it -- but as we all know bunny's can jump too.

My Angel started finding the cat dish a while back and would eat it every chance she got. Crazy girl! That was only like 3 times, we have since moved the cat dish to the basement. A nibble here or there I don't see being a problem, but I would have your friend find a better, bunny proofed place for the cat food. Silly buns ;).

Busted!

DSCN0521.jpg

Aww look at Angel!:bunnyheart

A little is ok, but a lot wouldn't be good, maybe your friend could get one of those automatic opening cat dishes? (I have no idea what they are called so I hope you know what I mean).

Yep my buns have tried cat food before too- the sillies! But my cat is a bigger silly, I caught him trying bunny pellets today! :rofl:

Put thecat's food up where the bun can't get at it.

My cats had theirs on top of the fridge because the dog kept eating it.

~Jim

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Both Korr and Sophie enjoy dog food. And the dog seem to like rabbit food. I think I have some species confused pets here.
haha! I have found my dog eating rabbit pellets! When I accidentally spilled some he walked over and ate them up! :biggrin2:

~Megan

My bunny stole a chicken nugget from my BF once. She held it in her mouth and ran for her cage as fast as she could. My BF got it back, with a big bunny bite taken out of it! She also tries to steal chicken cutlets right off our plates! Bad chicken eating bunny.

~Star~

Latest posts

Back