Career change...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChompersMom

Reaction score
As some of you know, I am currently a dog groomer. Well, I don't think that's something I want to do for the rest of my life but I do want to work with animals. Anyone have opinions of jobs that make enough money but still work with animals? I'm clueless right now :huh

Depends on what you consider "enough money." What about vet tech? Or at a doggy day care or dog kennel? A friend of mine who just moved to Arizona got a job at a dog day care/vacation care place.

There's always shelters, but they usually can't afford to pay much.

By enough I mean not getting paid $10 an hour.. right now on average I bring home around $20 (it's commission so it flucuates) so I think I'd have a hard time being lower than that..

Im taking a family studies course and a friend of mine picked vet, their gross monthly income is $5000. You'll need to be in school for 4 years , and work in a clinic for 4 years to get your license.

Good luck finding a job making near 20.00 in animals unless you go to be a Vet or a Scientist. maybe you can find something else , even if its not making that much, and do grooming part time so this way you only have to make up a little difference

Thanks for your opinions guys. I'll most likely have to find something not working with animals it sounds like..so hopefully I'll figure something out. Until then I just applied at a new grooming job away from Petsmart since they are just getting worse and worse.

i use to groom at Petsmart until one day me and another groomer walked out after a shift and never returned. i got sick of going to management about antoher employee and the way the animals were being treated, and how we got at least a phone call a day about how she butchered the dogs and nothing was done. So i got tired of talking to myself and left,lol.

Back