Care for an escapee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveandvic

Reaction score
Hello all,
I was wondering if someone could offer some advice on caring for a rabbit that has just spent the night who knows where.
Our 2 year old dutch rabbit escaped from his run (still cannot fathom how) and has spent the night out and about. I have just found him casually sitting n the garden drinking from a puddle (it was raining last night) He seems ok, a little timid as he never usually lets me pick him straight up but essentially fine.
Of course we shall be keeping a close eye on him for a while but wondered if there is any additional care to be given other then food/water.
I should mention that for the past week and half he has had a problem with appetite due to stasis but we seemed to have turned the corner on that and appetite and poos have greatly improved.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Steve

chances are he dug out of it what you should do is dig some wire way into the ground so he cant dig out.

You need to make sure your bunny is comfortable and getting enough attention and getting out to play enough maybe you could take him for a walk around the neighbor hood so he can get used to it.

good luck:biggrin:

The run was actually on concrete as we have had alot of rain and the ground is wet.... all doors were still locked the only thing we can think is someone let him out as we really cannot see another way out there are no gaps in the bars and the roof was not just closed but covered over incase of rain.
He seems a little bit quiet but I imagine its more the shock/tiredness our vets isn't open until Monday now but we are booking an appointment just to get him checked over.

Latest posts

Back