Cardboard munching

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMummy

Reaction score
In order to keep buns happy and entertained I use a lot of cardboard. They had cardboard runs, castles, dig outs ( boxes filled with hay and shredded paper that they can dig in), and obstacle courses.

They seem happy with the variety of cardboard supplied to them, especially when it comes to munching on it. Is this safe? Is it normal? They are forever tearing off strip and eating it. Surely this isn't good for thier digestive systems.

Can anyone shed some light? Should I confiscate thier playground for fear of upset tums?

My buns eat the cardboard things I give them, too. Just be sure to remove any tape or glue, and make sure the cardboard isn't the type with the shiny coat of stuff (like a bit sticker) as that's a thin layer of plastic, and could be harmful. Just plain ol' uncovered cardboard is the way to go!

As long as your buns are still eating their food as normal, I wouldn't worry about it. I've never had a problem. :)

In fairness to my fussy eaters they tend to stay away from the shiny stuff as a rule, but yes they are plain cardboard boxes from a supermarket, the kind that hold fruit and veg, other wise they just sick to chewing on thier food, and occasionally my walls too!!!

Thank you, that's a load off, at least they can still have thier playground..xx

Cardboard seems to pacify my buns. I've tried the chew toys from the pet store but they ignore those. Now if I can get them to stop eating thier floor mat.

Latest posts

Back