caramel- MOVED from trial board

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
irishlops wrote:
caramel was accidently breed on sunday 33 days ago....
she is plucking fur. i got a chunk missing from me....:q
but should increase her food?
she has extra hay.

Becca wrote:

Is she acting differently? More aggressive?

Flashy wrote:

No, you don't need to increase her food until after the birth. It's needed to help her produce milk. The extra hay is good. She needs calm, but equally you need to keep an eye out.

ETA, I'm testing the edit function :p

Becca wrote:
Good Luch Caramel!!

irishlops wrote:

eating my hand might be called agressive.......:whatever: but if i put my hand in her bedroom. where she made the nest she does not care??? she is eatting less.but is pooping and peeing. and is drinking. ok. i counted eyores savings. im ringging the vet on monday for him to be snipped. he is 6months now. caramel is acting weird. throwing food bowl. water bowl. litterbox. and digging/

Becca wrote:
Thats great you have enough money for Eeyore!!! All you can do is keep an eye on her!

irishlops wrote:

i know! all coppers.lol my dad is changing them at work to day. (he is a bus driver, machine that does it) poor eyore. he better love me. i put all my christmas money in to it! (£20!!!lol)

Becca wrote:

Any news?

irishbunny wrote:

Wishing you luck and hoping the babies don't have any big health issues, since they are brother and sister they might. Don't forget if they are alive your going to need to buy another cage for weaning them when they are 6 weeks old.

irishlops wrote:

i know...... no babies..

Flashy wrote:

How is Caramel acting?

irishlops wrote:

quiet in the corner. i was worried. but she acted normal. she is not AS aggressive. but i stil were glove

irishlops wrote:

well she moved her nest!!??? its in the more warm coner bit... she has pluked more fur.. buts is less um. i dont know. strange? she is eatting more now from yesterday. still drinking. and pooping and peeing. (eyores ok if ur wondering) the weather is repoeted to be well:censored: for this weeks coming... its shelter.. extra hay. (and cheaking on her) so fingers crossed. ok dryin hair now. 20mins then dinner... ill be on in the nexts hr./

irishbunny wrote:
If she is pregnant then she is a couple of days overdue, I would be a little worried, keep a close eye on her.

irishlops wrote:

ok.... ur worryin me now.!! my mum told me that the rabbits are not allowed to see a vet. because they should not get ill. but if she is over due... she might see joesph fransis or even the kits! ok. ill keep a close eye.

irishlops wrote:

she built up her nest... her belly does not look very big but with her she is hard to notice.. dinner out now...

irishbunny wrote:

Well, in my experience if the kits are this overdue they are usually born dead, plus this is her first litter and alot of complications can arise in first litters and it is very common for first litters to die. So I wouldn't really get my hopes up for a perfect, alive litter.

irishlops wrote:
i know. i was worryin last nigght. i read all about the low rate of life, and to expect thuis. so well. its in gods hands now. may god hold caramel and kits in his hand, and never close his fist to tight.

irishlops wrote:

thanks irishbunny. but therer can be miricals....... i hope.. if i lose her. eyore is going and well. no bunnies for me... i was told this.

irishbunny wrote:

There isn't much chance of losing her aslong as if there is any complications you take her to the vet quickly, like stuck kits. Actually, have you checked for stuck kits, you know, flipped her over and had a look. Just in case she is having trouble passing them.

irishlops wrote:

ill look now... what will it look like? a stuck kit i guess... lol no none :?

irishbunny wrote:
You'd know if she had a stuck kit by just looking. Hmmm, well I guess all you can do is wait but being overdue and this being her first litter I wouldn't get my hopes up. You could try feeling her belly too, see if it feels round and hard, it would be squishy if she wasn't pregnant. Don't poke her to hard and don't squeeze her stomach.

naturestee1 wrote:

Unfortunately you can't always see a stuck kit, only if it happens to be stuck partway out of the mom. But usually when I hear of it the kit is stuck up by the uterus. Is there no way you can convince your mom to have a vet check her? She knows what childbirth is like and probably knows that it doesn't always go well without a doctor.

I really hope that Caramel is just having a false pregnancy.

FYI, my foster mama Jazzy made her nest the day before she gave birth.

irishbunny wrote:

Ya I Princess made her nest the day before too, I think you should get her vet checked, it does sound like something isn't right.

naturestee1 wrote:

I don't know what time it is there, but she should see a vet very soon if she doesn't kindle. Some bunnies build their nests earlier, some later. If the breeding didn't take, the vet can tell you that definitively, and if she did get pregnant but has a complication, they can help with that. It can be very dangerous for a rabbit to not kindle properly and for her well-being it is best to take her to the vet. If she wasn't pregnant, they probably won't charge you much. If she has a stuck kit, she will need to be seen before she gets very ill.

Oh this moving the threads has confused me! I read the top and was hu?! I get it now-so when is she due?

I was allowed in on the process when my neighbour used my buck for her doe's litter, and her doe made her nest quite a bit in advance (about a week, I think). It was her first litter. She had 8 babies, 3 were stillborn, 1 died on day 2, and the other 4 grew up to be healthy, happy buns. Although that situation is a bit different than yours, I hope my experiences will help you out anyways =). Good luck to you and your doe!

minirexmama wrote:
Oh this moving the threads has confused me! I read the top and was hu?! I get it now-so when is she due?
I think she was due a couple of days ago! It could be a false pregnancy though.

minirexmama wrote:
ui know! i didi not move it.... she is due on the 10th of feb. next tuesday

kits passed this morning. all 3. i warmed them. no luck.
thanks for all your help.

Okay thanks. Sorry about the loss of your kits! Binky free little ones!

Latest posts

Back