Caramel back from the vets,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishlops

Reaction score
right, i was at the vet today as some of you know, and the vet felt over her toe, and was not sure if its broken or fractured.

she said that caramel is gtting an x-ray on tuesday at 9am.

but she said she personally thinks it more likey to be A TUMOR!:shock:

and will amputate the two toes. but we have to wait and see on tuesday...

lifes graet:cry2

she is fine like eating wise and pooing/peeing/drinking

Awww Elena...

Don't worry quite yet... your vet was simply listing the things that could possibly be contributing factors. That isn't a guarantee of any particular situation.

It is entirely possible that her toe is broken, and the tissue around it is heavily swollen, giving the appearance of a tumour. You won't know until the X-rays are done on Tuesday.

In the meantime, how is Caramel doing today? Eating? Drinking? Happy? (Ok, well not delighted considering she just went to the vet :biggrin2:)

Hugs to you, pal:hug2:

oh, she is fine.. but im not home at the moment...
happy.. no. once she got in the carrier, she snuggled eyore (who was unhapply brought for her suporrt) and attacted the balnket and looked grumpy.
this sounds wrong.. but i hope her toe is broken...lol not a tumor and it can b fixed...
thanks for calming me down.. i was going mad!

You should be so proud of yourself for making sure she went to the vets.

Like Autumn says, they have to tell yiou all the options, but that doesn't mean that those options will all happen.

Has she been given some pain meds? Have you got more to give her?

Remember that whilst its all scary to hear its far better to know than to have not taken her and not known what is going on. This way the best thing for Caramel can be done even if it is hard and scary for you.

I'm very proud of you.

I'm with Tracy! You did a fantastic job in getting her to the vets.. way to go!:highfive:

Either way, it will be fixed. Either her toe is broken, and it will be taken care of, or she will have two toes amputated.

At the end of the day, it will be resolved, and Caramel will be healthier. You're such a responsible owner, Elena. Your buns are quite lucky to have you!:hug:

Flashy wrote:
You should be so proud of yourself for making sure she went to the vets.

Like Autumn says, they have to tell yiou all the options, but that doesn't mean that those options will all happen.

Has she been given some pain meds? Have you got more to give her?

Remember that whilst its all scary to hear its far better to know than to have not taken her and not known what is going on. This way the best thing for Caramel can be done even if it is hard and scary for you.

I'm very proud of you.

:expressionlessi guess i should e proud...

she has not been in pain looking the past few days. the vet said that aswell. so she said not pain. the vet said maye nerve endings are messed and she cant feel pain

NorthernAutumn wrote:
I'm with Tracy! You did a fantastic job in getting her to the vets.. way to go!:highfive:

Either way, it will be fixed. Either her toe is broken, and it will be taken care of, or she will have two toes amputated.

At the end of the day, it will be resolved, and Caramel will be healthier. You're such a responsible owner, Elena. Your buns are quite lucky to have you!:hug:

or im lucky to have them:)

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
And did the vet look at him?

ok, yes, and said she found nothing. and to keep an eye out, but to make sure he is no to warm. but look outside in derry! it 12 celsius outside!

so im watching eyore.

he by food/poo/pee/water is fine also so i just need to watch him

I'm glad you went to the vet. I agree that he was probably telling you all the possibilities--if you hear that it could be something serious and have time to think about it, it's easier to come to terms with that diagnosis. If you prepare for the worst, you can be pleasantly suprised if that's not what happens.

It may be a fracture though. The x-ray will help. I'm glad she doesn't seem to be in pain right now.

so iam i.as long as she is not sore and can walk, im fine with that.
your right abiut the it might not be the worst

ok, i left her up at quater to 10 this morning. i left her nomal hay and normal food up aswell. so i have to wait till they ring me up. or my mums no.
around 5/6/7 o clock they said she probbly will be coming back.
the x ray costs including anestitic 34.99 and im so worried. i ahve been taking pains in the heart attacks and im nervous.
the vet said, well, the rabbit vet out of the 3 in the centre today .
she told me saying the other vet did not, that caramel has say a 1 in 10 ir 10 in 100 as to 1 in 1000 (cats and dogs) chance in not waking up. but iknow its harsh on a rabbit to be under ansetic. so i filled out the form for consent.
so hope its a break in her toe.:cry2
ill goo and post about and draw and read stories on fanfiction to keep my mind busy...
poor carammel.

You've done the right thing by getting her checked out. That was best for her, and anything that happens from here is down to them. You've done the right thing.

How come you had to fill out the consent form? I thought it had to be done by an over 18?

Try to keep yourself very busy and very distracted today. Did Eeyore go with her?

Flashy wrote:
You've done the right thing by getting her checked out. That was best for her, and anything that happens from here is down to them. You've done the right thing.

How come you had to fill out the consent form? I thought it had to be done by an over 18?

Try to keep yourself very busy and very distracted today. Did Eeyore go with her?
he went with her for the ride... the vet said that it would stress him out as he would be in a small cage waiting fo rher, and because she is going to be drowsy after the xray, she might be strange to him, and out of charatar. she saiid that even if they are bonded. she thinks they will be fine. if not, try and start bonding again.:?
the consent fourm, i filled out most of it. age, breed, specis, um.. name. address. but my mum had to sign it. she did not have her glasses. she cant read/write wit out them

yep. im keeping my self busy. i might post some 2 drawing i done yesterday:)

ok, the vet rang us 10 mins ago. (funny, sandra posted 10mins ago)
any way and said they got another rabbit savvy vet to look at her, and then they agreed that it was a pulled muscle/ligment
and did not put her under anesetic.
she got a jag.
thursday- getting another jag and liquid something
monday- follow up cheak up
so she is home with eyore:blushan: i am so proud of her

That's really fantastic news!!! My girl bun hurt her toe a few years back from a terrified run around the kitchen. Took her in to the vet and there was nothing they could do. After a few days tho... she was back to new. Hope your girl heals up just as quickly from her injury. Love the name Eyore btw!

MagnoliaDee wrote:
That's really fantastic news!!! My girl bun hurt her toe a few years back from a terrified run around the kitchen. Took her in to the vet and there was nothing they could do. After a few days tho... she was back to new. Hope your girl heals up just as quickly from her injury. Love the name Eyore btw!
:) caramel has had it fpr 3 weeks now... so it should clear up now with meds i hope
:D

Latest posts

Back