Car trip &vet visit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariel

Reaction score
Well it seems to of went well.
We popped her in a box and draped a towel over her. She kept on pokingher head out and looking around and my daughter just petted her head.

It was rather funny, the more we laughed the more she poked her headout and had a look around, so we decided not to laugh and my daughterjust talked to her and told her all about needles LOL

The funniest part was when Krystle said " There's nothing to be scaredof , although I can't talk 'cause I don't like needles, but you'll getover it eventually" LOL was priceless, she was so serious about it.

The vet said she is very healthy and happy looking.

The most amazing part was when the vet needed to look at her undersideand I actually tried trancing Bindy, SUCCESS!!! It was incredible, Iput her in my arms and stroked from her nose to her head and slowly herhead went back , feet straight up, eyes closed and wallah I seen her 2front teeth!!!!!!!!!! She was out to it, the vet laughed and askedcould I keep her like that for when she gives her the shot!

We ended up bringing her out of her trance thingy and just holding herand she was such a brave little girl, she had her shot, vet massagedher for a bit and she was done.
I gave her a few oats straight after as a treat for doing so well, then we had the car ride home.

Because my vet doesn't do many bunnies I have called a couple of vets 1has called back saying it's not a good idea to spay her as she is byherself and in 30 yrs he hasn't seen a uterine cancer case, he saidmales can get aggressive and they do it for them but he said he'd bejust taking my money, that the main thing would be myxo that'd probablyget her in the end due to the area we live in.
He was very nice about it all, however there is still 1 other vet tocall me back so I'll see what he says(they see lots of buns in theirclinic apparently).He wants to talk to me because of risks with surgeryetc and make sure I'm well informed.

Other than that bindy is drinking eating and hopped up on her usual spot on top her box, so see what this other guy has to say.

Thanks for the advice etc, I was so worried about taking her, the car ride, the needle thing , the whole lot.
Seems to be fine though :) *phew*

Was it her first time everin a car? Nepo gets really scared when he is ina car.Although he has never been to his vets. I have to go soon to make anappointment to get him fixed. I'm glad everything went well:).

It was her 2nd, she came home in the car, but I was still worried about her for some reason.

That's great! I'm glad she did well.

Your daughter sounds precious :)

Bo just lays down in the crate and enjoys riding in the car. Silly boy.

What a brave girl - pleased everything went sowell! I am suprised that the vet was against spaying Bindy, but if hedoesn't deal with a lot of rabbits then he may not have had the chanceto see any with uterine cancer. Perhaps your daughter could convince methat needles aren't anything to be scared of lol.- Jan

Aww Bindy was a good girl! Give her kisses from me!

I'd wait for that second opinion as I think most vets recommendspaying. :) Good luck whichever one youpick! She's such a cutie!

Ang xx

Back