Can't tell if a rabbit pregr.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnychild

Julia
Reaction score
Hi I use to breed holland lops and I would always palpate but I can't feel any differnce one i thought was pregr. wasn't one i did't think was pregr. was. Any tips so can be more prepared with my woolies?

Find a breeder who is more experienced at palpating and ask if they can show you. That's how I learned. Pregnant does can be shown until 2weeks of pregnancy so that would be an awesome time to learn if you take one. Also palpating is best done at around 14 days anyway.

Or if you can't take a doe try going to someones rabbitry and let them show you there. Usually people are always willing to help

woahlookitsme wrote:
Find a breeder who is more experienced at palpating and ask if they can show you. That's how I learned. Pregnant does can be shown until 2weeks of pregnancy so that would be an awesome time to learn if you take one. Also palpating is best done at around 14 days anyway.

Or if you can't take a doe try going to someones rabbitry and let them show you there. Usually people are always willing to help
Excellent advise already given. Someone who's experienced or a Rabbit Savvy Vet could give you lessons on learning to palpate.

Wishing you luck on finding out if your doe is pregnant.

K:)

Latest posts

Back