Can't seem to free roam my rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACat2Cats

Reaction score
My rabbit, Grey, whom is 2 years old, can't seem to be free roamed. He is neutered but still marks territory. I just moved to a new apartment, and I don't want him to ruin the apartment. He is litter trained in his playpen but whenever he is on the couch he pees there. Does anyone have any advice?

Some rabbits just can't resist peeing on soft surfaces. You can try things like providing a litter box closer or even on the couch, putting down a blanket or towel that has your rabbits scent already on it, or trying ushering him off the couch to a time out when he tries to pee on it. But sometimes there's not anything that will effectively help change the behavior, and for those rabbits it's either deny access or put a waterproof covering down to protect the couch.

https://bunnyproof.com/stop-bunny-peeing-couch.html

My rabbit, Grey, whom is 2 years old, can't seem to be free roamed. He is neutered but still marks territory. I just moved to a new apartment, and I don't want him to ruin the apartment. He is litter trained in his playpen but whenever he is on the couch he pees there. Does anyone have any advice?
When he's on the couch, maybe try using some disposable pee pads or towels to protect it, so he won't leave any surprises. Also, spend some extra time with him, showing him love and attention, which might help ease his marking behavior.

Back