cant find hay???how many vegies??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambrose

Reaction score
I've only had my bunny for about 2 weeks and icant find hay for him. I live in australia and i was told they needeating hay is this right? My local pet shop only has yellow straw whichi buy for his bedding but they also have green hay is this what i use?Iremember hearing that the green one is too high in something. Also howmuch veggies is he supposed to get each day?At the monent i've beengiving him like a little over a cup each day is this too much or notenough?theres always gone in the morning when i collect his bowls forcleaning!thanks :D

"Green" hay is fine if it's grass hay.Have you tried asking a horse stable or a farm dealer? Hay isvery important for fiber and for wearing down teeth.

The amount of veggies depends on the size of your rabbit and the amountof pellets he's getting. If you cut way back on pellets thenyou should increase the veggies a little. I use the HRSguidelines and tweak them to the individual bun.

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/diet.html

Hi ambrose:wave:,i actually live inAustralia,adelaide and i get my buns oaten hay from a horse stable feedand grain store,it is so much fresher than what the shops sell,so iwould defiently go find one in your area:)

cheryl

I never heard of oaten hay..don't use alfalfahay because it has too much protein, we use timothy hayhere... if the timothy hay is good it will be green

ok thanks heaps guys. He does get pellets aboutmaybe a cup probably a little less than that. It's what it said on thebox??Not sure what the green hay is at the pet store, i asked but shehad no idea she was like 'i dunno it's just hay":shock:cheryl soundspromising i might check around a bit!thanks guys:D

Latest posts

Back