Canned Pumpkin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSassy

Reaction score
I just got my first bunny, Sassy,a month ago. I was wondering ifI can give hercanned 100% Pure Pumpkin as a treat? And if so, how often?

Thanks, April:mrsthumper:

Absolutely! Many buns like it (although some prefer it warmed up) and it is a good source of wet fiber. I keep it on hand (also some I made by roasting a pumpkin myself--most went into a pie, the rest I froze for the bunnies) in case of GI slowdown or stasis. As with all stuff that's a bit sugary, I wouldn't give more than a tablespoon (or two if she's bigger) each day.

I have some,so I'll try it tonight. I'm curious to see if she'll like it. Thanks :biggrin2:

PS) She's little. 2.5 pounds, so I'll try a tablespoon.

She wouldn't even touch it. I put it on my finger and Itried to get her to lick it off my finger, but all she did was smell it. :(I was hoping she'd like it. I left it on a plate for her and she didn't even touch it. Gonna try again, and warm it up this time. Thanks for asking. :)April

I usually leave it out on a plate and my guys will eat it as the day goes on. They aren't as interested in it as hay or pellets, veggies, or other treats, but they will eat it eventually. It always seems that my guys have to be forced into trying something new and then they love it.

Latest posts

Back