Canned Pumpkin likely shortage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have several cans of pumpkin left over from Tira Misu (who went to the Bunny Beyond in September) :rip: if anyone in is interested in having it. I'm in Ypsilanti, MI

I just bought a can of pumpkin to make my pies for Thanksgiving. Our Walmart had plenty. I would be willing to go buy them out if anyone wants any. It's the Libby's brand.

I went shopping this weekend and stocked up,lol. I have 15 cans!!!!!!!!!! and then i got the pumpkin pie filling for my pumpkin pies, but i will have to use some of the cans of the pumpkin for pumpkin bread, i will make sure i freeze whatever i dont use in a can for now on.

i dont forsee the shortage happening now, as the supply in the stores will still be there, i am sure the libby's factory has some in thier warehouses still, but once that is all out in the stores and people are done shopping for Thanksgiving then i for see a shortage.

I stocked up today, too. Stores around here seem to have quite a bit of canned pumpkin, at this point.

I bought a dozen cans of the Libby's brand, at the Target nearest my house. There was a section on the regular shelf, plus a full shelf on an endcap. Target had the lowest price I've seen on it, $1.27/can, plus, I get 5% off all purchases I make there if I pay with my Red Card.

One can turned out to be dented (husband put them in the cart), so I will probably use that one to make pumpkin bread, very soon. The others went into the rabbits' closet.

I also plan on freezing my 'leftover' pumpkin. I've got a cute little ice cube tray that makes small square cubes. Will try freezing it in there, then popping it out for single-serve pumpkin icicles.

You know..we do not have canned pumpkin over here...have never seen it...

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Do you guys get weird looks at the cash register when put up a dozen cans of Pumpkin?? LOL
The cashier didn't seem fazed, but there was a lady in the aisle when I was putting them in my cart giving me strange looks! She must have been wondering how many pies I was making, and why I didn't just buy pre-made!

cheryl wrote:
Well if you ever need or want it we would have to see what it would cost to ship to you and i would send you one, of course as long as it isnt more then what i paid for the can,lol

As far as the looks, i was walking through the supermarket the other day, i had to run back for the pumpkin cause i forgot it :shock: so i was heading up front with 8 cans of pumpkin, some evaporated milk, and a pie crust and an old guy was walking by and said to the lady he was with "i want to go to her house!" lol

I shop at Pathmark too and they seemed to have plenty! I got a few cans anyways just in case after hearing about the pumpkin shortage on the news.

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
cheryl wrote:
Well if you ever need or want it we would have to see what it would cost to ship to you and i would send you one, of course as long as it isnt more then what i paid for the can,lol

Thanks for even thinking bout that...i'm sure it would probably cost more than what it's worth,but i would have done that for sure.

And no we definitely have no canned pumpkin over here

MMM pumpkin bread sounds very yummy....never tried it...but want to now....someone wanna make it and send it over to me lol :biggrin2:...ahh if only

cheryl wrote:
Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
cheryl wrote:

Thanks for even thinking bout that...i'm sure it would probably cost more than what it's worth,but i would have done that for sure.

MMM pumpkin bread sounds very yummy....never tried it...but want to now....someone wanna make it and send it over to me lol :biggrin2:...ahh if only
HA if i sent pumpkin bread to you , by the time it got to you it would probably be stale!!!!!!!!!! lol

wow interesting to think of ......... that is something you have never had that we have here,lol....... as i am sure there are things you have there that i have never had,lol

tonyshuman wrote:
My grocery store was totally out of pumpkin in cans, even pie filling last night! :nerves1 Luckily I already have a stockpile of my own home grown pumpkin puree (my garden had a great year for pumpkins), and a few more pumpkins sitting around the house to cook up.

Ours was too last night. Tim is going to look for a pumpkin pie at our local apple farm - I don 't eat the stuff, though.

Denise

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
cheryl wrote:
Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
cheryl wrote:

HA if i sent pumpkin bread to you , by the time it got to you it would probably be stale!!!!!!!!!! lol

wow interesting to think of ......... that is something you have never had that we have here,lol....... as i am sure there are things you have there that i have never had,lol
Yeah i know it's weird,as i thought we would at least have canned pumpkin,but i guess we are just not canned pumpkin eaters over here lol..and yes i'm sure there are a few things that we have here that you guys don't have.

Latest posts

Back