can you tell me what breed my girlie is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamnjo

Reaction score
WellJosee is about a year and 2 months. Her mom is a purebred holland lop and her father is an unknown breed of lop. Her father is mainly white with a few spots of grey(ears, nose). I will post a pic of her mom too. She weight about 4 pounds.

Picture005.jpg

Josee

Picture003.jpg

Josee(left) and her mom Tamme(right)

2-1.jpg

Josee

BabyJo008.jpg

Josee again

Sorry the pics werent that great.

Can you tell me what breed my girlie is? Thanks!:brownbunny

since she's still four pounds I'd say that dad had some holland in him as well, but she looks so much like a holland because of her mom that it's hard for me to tell. Let's Get Pam in here!

tundrakatiebean wrote:
oops I said holland instead of mini (doh).

I meant to say it looks like Dad had some mini in him :psorry for my crazyness
Lol you got me so confused for a second. I was like..."Wait..wouldn't that make them a bit bigger? Did I completely misunderstand bun breeds?"

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I think from the photos it looks like she's got some mini-lop in her.
Yeah, the second I scrolled down and saw her face shape, I immediately thought mini-lop mix, too. :)

She's a cutie-pah-tootie! :D

okiron wrote:
tundrakatiebean wrote:

Lol you got me so confused for a second. I was like..."Wait..wouldn't that make them a bit bigger? Did I completely misunderstand bun breeds?"
Mini lops are much larger than Holland lops.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
okiron wrote:
tundrakatiebean wrote:

Mini lops are much larger than Holland lops.
Haha so I did misunderstand bun breeds :p I thought Hollands were bigger.

Nope! I think Holland males are about 3.5 to 4 pounds (not exact on that weight but it's somewhere down there!) and mini lop males are - well - my friend has one that weighs 14 pounds.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Nope! I think Holland males are about 3.5 to 4 pounds (not exact on that weight but it's somewhere down there!) and mini lop males are - well - my friend has one that weighs 14 pounds.
LMAO! Well now I'm more confused because I thought Hollands got to about 6-8lbs. What breed was I thinking of then xD

Well now that I've confused you - I'll get my head on straight.

Mini Lops - around 6 pounds as adults

Holland Lops - not over 4 pounds as adults

FRENCH LOPS - get really big and that is what my friend has - I am an idiot LOL!

Sorry.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Well now that I've confused you - I'll get my head on straight.

Mini Lops - around 6 pounds as adults

Holland Lops - not over 4 pounds as adults

FRENCH LOPS - get really big and that is what my friend has - I am an idiot LOL!

Sorry.
No worries :biggrin2: I was just thinking to myself...:shock: wow, I'm dumber than I thought!

tundrakatiebean wrote:
lol, so even in my confusion I was right the first time :p
Yup yup! At least it was a "wait...what?" confusion instead of a "I'm right! No, I'm right!" confusion.

okiron wrote:
Yup yup! At least it was a "wait...what?" confusion instead of a "I'm right! No, I'm right!" confusion.
Definately, they're easy to get confused, Why would it be 'mini' if it's bigger :peven though it's bigger...silly people naming things...

Trixie, being 8lbs 4oz, though...must be a mini-lop MIX, right?

She could be a mix or she could just be a large mini-lop. Just like people, they aren't all "perfectly sized"...... ya know?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
She could be a mix or she could just be a large mini-lop. Just like people, they aren't all "perfectly sized"...... ya know?
Yeah, true...she could just be from a bigger line, or just one that was bigger than her siblings...:)

Thanks! :D

Latest posts

Back