Can you tell me proper name for this color rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a shelter bunny at home that I need to write up..he is a a rusty color lop with dark greyish brown around mouth and face and lower ears. I can't post pics but it is a color I've seen often but don't know proper name.

Tort? Wild guess...

Bruiser4-05.jpg

angieluv wrote:
thanks Pam...tortoise shell mini-lop?

Just tortoise for Mini Lops. It's a rather rare color in Mini Lops - any possibility that the rabbit is a Holland?

Pam

Could be a holland mix..don't think that he is pure bred holland as he doesn't have the exact face shape and seems too big. I wish I could post pics..this is driving me crazy..next step is to get a camera.His face is flatter on top but not pushed in like Jacques my little deceased holland. Anyway I appreciate your help and ,believe me, no one here is going to argue with me whether he is a tort or toroise-shell as they know less than me :D

Pam - what's the difference between a "Black Tort" and just a "Tort"... I keep seeing both on bunnies that look very similar, and was curious to the difference..

HoneyPot wrote:
Pam - what's the difference between a "Black Tort" and just a "Tort"... I keep seeing both on bunnies that look very similar, and was curious to the difference..

Tort is understood to mean the black shading version. Tort also comes in blue, chocolate and lilac shading, so "black tort" can be used to clearly distinguish the variety of tort.

Pam

Latest posts

Back