Can you show Lionheads

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv4lionheads

Reaction score
I read in a book that Lionheads aren't a registered breed of the ARBA, which means i can't show mine. is this still true? or was my book a bit outdated in this light?

You can show Lionheads as you long as bring a copy of the Working Standard. (Some Lionhead info is available here: http://lionheadrabbit.net/) But they can not compete in the Best in Showjudging.Tinysmom is most knowledgeable about the Lionheads.

Edited to add: It is entirely up to the Show Superintendent or sponsoring club if they will allow Lionheads to be judged... so check with the show secretary first.

Lionheads can show and compete against other Lionheads, if a show recognizes them. But they're not in any way associated with the rest of an ARBA sanctioned show...they can't win legs, be registered, compete for BIS, etc.

Currently, shows are only required to let siamese sable exhibit. Other colors are at the discretion of the show committee. In our area, a number of shows have restricted lionhead exhibitions to siamese sable only.

It's a good idea to contact the show in advance if you have another variety you'd like to show.

Pam

Latest posts

Back