Can you "show" a VM ND?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
I have a very tiny blue vmbaby in the nest box right now with a head to die for. Now I know they cant win awards but I can enter him to get comments from the judge right? Hes only two weeks right now and Im hoping he turns out as good as he looksas he gets biggerbut I was wondering about entering him...later on of course. Any thoughts?

I would save yourself the entry fee and before the show starts go up to a judge you pick and ask their opinion on the rabbit, most are willing to do so.

Yes, you can enter him. But you will get disqualified for his color. However, you can still get comments from the judges and that can very much help you out if you plan on using your bun for breeding down the road.

You can enter him if he has an adequate pattern for his breed and no blue spots in his eyes. There is a very good BEW mini-rex breeder that has shown vienna marked rabbits successfully because they had correct enough pattern to be showable.

Id like to use him in my breeding program and type is what I was going for and omments from the judges would be very helpful indeed. Thanks everyone =)

In most cases, judges don't give extensivecomments on DQ'd rabbits. I also agree that you should save your entry fee, and just get the opinion of a judge before the show.

T.A Bunnies wrote:
No its not A recognized color on the shoe table
There's also the likely possiblity of the judge giving the rabbit "unworthy of award" (for not meeting the intent of the standard), making no comments, and irritating your fellow breeders who may be out a leg.

Instead of having to pay to get the rabbit into the show just to be DQ'ed, you could ask a nice judge to give you their comments on the rabbit in person.

Latest posts

Back