Can you get broken seal points?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neejchee

Reaction score
Hi all, it's been a while since I posted here. *waves* :)

I have a broken sooty fawn (I think, but I'm not a breeder and don't know anything about officially determining colours, but the important factor is that she's a broken) and after she and my other rabbit had an overnight escape I saw another escapee a few yards down. The other rabbit looked to be a seal point. I didn't see it until the afternoon of the day I brought my buns inside and I haven't seen it since, so even IF it were an undesexed male the chances of it mating with my doe during her overnight run are low. I'm watching her, but not too worried.

I may not be worried, but it did make me wonder what kind of babies they would produce if they had mated. I figured there would be chances of seal points, sooty fawns, broken sooty fawns and seal points with the Enen genes, but what would that look like?

Anyone have any experience with seal points know what aaB-cchlcD-Enen would look like?

It's hard to determine what colors may pop up without knowing the genetic background of both rabbits. Hypothetically speaking, nearly any color is possible by breeding those two colors. There are many recessive genes that could be expressed if both rabbits carry them.

If one rabbit is broken and one is solid, you have the chance for both broken and solid kits.

Yeah, I'm not so much looking for what they would produce, because I very much doubt they had a chance to mate. It's more just a curiosity about whether a broken seal point is a possibility, because I can't imagine how that would look. :)

Latest posts

Back