Can You Feed Olivia's Organic Salad to a Rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueKat89

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a rabbit, and I've been doing tons of research.I was wondering if a rabbit could eat a pre-packaged salad like Olivia's Organics? Some rabbit owners I've talked to said they give theirs pre-packaged salad. If not, is there another organic salad I could get? My family eats a lot of greens, especially this type of salad, so I thought it would be a good idea to give it this salad or something similar, along with other greens and herbs.

I'm not familiar with that brand, but as long as it's the right kind, it should be okay. You basically want a spring mix, nothing with iceberg lettuce and avoid spinach as well. Just look up each ingredient. I think salad mixes might end up being more expensive, though?

I buy a bunch a week, along with veggies from my farmers market, so it's fine. I think it has spinach though. Do you know of other organic brands that could work?

I think any organic brand could work, really, as long as you find a spring mix or like a baby lettuce mix. Spinach is okay for bunnies on occasion; it's just really high in calcium, which is why I raise caution. A prepackaged mix should be just as good as anything else, as long as you wash it carefully and make sure it doesn't have anything that wouldn't agree with a bun's digestive system. You can look here for suggestions. Spring mixes are good because they really only have red and green leaf lettuce, and maybe some arugula, which are all okay.

Ok, thanks! The link really helped. I just read on the package that they use different veggies all the time, with a base of dark leafy lettuce and herbs. They don't list all of the veggies they use, so it might be better to get something else.

We just stick to baby romaine (it's organic by Taylor Farms I think) or hearts of romaine/chopped romaine (nothing else added), and we use that, plus timothy hay (which they should definitely have a ton of), and we also feed limited pellets. We give them a tiny slice of banana in the morning and a tiny slice in the evenings as a treat (also used to give probiotics or meds as needed).

I feed my two an organic mix ( which has spinach in it ), and they haven't had any problem(s) none so ever

The only problem with the organic salads that I can see is that there are several different ingredients. Rabbits have sensitive guts so I think it would be a good idea to introduce each individual veggie one at a time, slowly, to get them acclimated to it before you throw the full salad at them - rabbits are greedy little buggers and they'll eat it ALL regardless of whether or not it'll make them sick. So just be careful! :)

Thanks! I'll consider introducing each veggie slowly along with using the baby romaine.

Latest posts

Back