Can two females live happily together?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley72

Reaction score
Ever since I got Little Foot, Luna has been pooping up a storm and digging in her litter box (and scattering pee shavings everywhere), and basically just being really messy. Will this behaviour stop once she is fixed? I know it's because I have two females and one male and they are all unfixed. Tuesday morning Thumper and Luna will be fixed, so I am hoping this will help?

When Willard came, Kreacher and Dobby were upset and they were neutered at the time. But they did settle down after a while realizing Willard wasn't going anywhere. And the same thing happened when Neville came into the room after being quarantened in the kitchen. Got the grumbles, throwing hay, no spraying though. Took a few days, and have had no problems. It's like a bunny temper tantrum.

K:)

Well, generally no. However, there are exceptions--like for example they're from the same litter. Once female rabbits reach puberty, they are actually VERY territorial especially with other female rabbits, so it's not recommended that two un-sprayed females live together because fighting can happen. You might also want to wait a bit AFTER they get fixed (after the stitches heal) and bond them before letting them back together. But spraying them will help with most behavior problems.

-Bee

Yes, but spaying really does help. Unspayed females will most likely not get along but two spayed females? Of course!
Jj

Great! Thanks so much. I am definitely spaying both of them. So I am sure that will help things out eventually. Little Foot won't be spayed for a little bit though (have to save up again since Luna and thumper are both getting spayed tomorrow :S

Latest posts

Back