Can this cause problems?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spot

Reaction score
My bunny Hopper was weaned a around 4 weeks.I know this is early and cause this cause later problems?

Aw, poor baby. It's not for certain but the potential is there.
Rabbits weaned too early can have a weaker immune system and digestive problems.

Oh ok.She is very active,loves to eat,and poops a good bit.The poop isin regular pellet form too.Is this the start of a healthy life for her?What would most likely be symptoms if something went wrong?Oh and I don't know if this would help but she was the largest in the litter.From what I hear though.Hopper stayed with her mom and started eating pellet food,hay,etc. on her own.Is this good?

I dont know, the way you say it makes it seem like she weaned herself early or the mum bunny did, but keep an eye on her stools, they would be your biggest indicator of GIT (gastrointestinal tract, aka tummy) upset. monitor how much food and water she intakes on average, and you'll know when she isnt eating or drinking normally. and try to handle her abdomen regularily, to check for lumps and bumps.

you'll know something's wrong if her stools are really runny, she's got stool stuck to her bottom, she's not eating as much or too much, im not sure about more symptoms (haven't gotten this far in school yet, lol) but if anything else shows up either call a vet or if it doesn't seem life-threatening you can post it on here in the infirmary section

and that's my best for advice, hope it helps :)

You definitely helped.I'm pretty sure the mom did wean her.She would of had too because they were in the same cage together but Hopper was eating pellets by herself.She does eat a good bit but she eats the same amount every day mostly.It's kind of hard to tell if her stools are runny because she usually poos and pees in the same spot so the poop gets wet.Under her old cage though(the poo fell through because the bottom was wire)There were nothing but sphere shaped poop.Is this good so far?

as long as they stay that shape-ish, and she doesnt start spewing brown liquid from her behind or gets it all stuck to her bottom she should be fine

Back