can they have carbored like ceral boxes etc.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellexgix

Reaction score
Can you give rabbits carbored to chew and tear up?

Things like ceral boxes? Would all the dyes not be bad when they eat it? also I got a package and it was in a box, can I give them the box to munch on?

I give my girl usual cardboard box, brown one. I'm not sure about colorful boxes. I don't give my girl, scared that it might be toxic for her. Maybe the safest way is to give them un-colored type. Anyway cardboard box is my girl's favourite toys. She can play it whole day...okay not that long but longggggg. :D

The vet told us regular boxes are okay, but ones with photo quality pictures are usually plastic coated and not good for your bunny. We don't give our any cereal or thin walled boxes as we aren't sure what they are made of totally.

Ok, I wont risk it so...

So them normal brown boxes are perfectly fine to give?
My brother works in an electrical shop so he gets loads in I can have, so theyre safe?

Is it safe if they don't ingest it? Becky loves to play with a box that came from stick butter. She does not eat it, just plays with it. There are a few teeth marks from where she picks it up to toss it, but that is all.

Exactly. If you can monitor them after giving it to see if they'll consume it or not. You do not want them eat that, stomach impaction episodes can be deadly.:( As long as they show no signs of wanting to consume it, you're good and it's a great toy! Some toy houses are made of it and are fine.;)

An example I have is: Snuff has a hidey house that is a box. He's gotten feisty a time or two and ripped the outer skin of the box off. He was just ripping it off, not eating it. So, things like that, just watch for:).

according to two vets here, regular, brown cardboard boxes are totally alright for bunnies, even if they chew and consume. You want to avoid the thin paper boxes and any with photo quality pictures as they contain plastic--bunnies can ingest and digest the cardboard but not plastic. We use cardboard boxes for a maze and place several pans in them around the room with shredded newspaper for our bunnies to use and play in.

Thanks guys :0
Im using normal brown boxes, cut up for the flooringin parts of the cage. They like lying on it and chew parts of it..
I get the boxes easily so its perfect :)
thanks!

Latest posts

Back