Can someone tell what breed my baby bunny is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosaeniltiac

Reaction score
I am not usually one for getting animals from chain pet stores, for obvious reasons, and when I went into one a little over a week ago I had no intension of getting an animal, just a treat or two for the pets I already had. I happened to glance in a room filled with baby bunnies and I saw this teeny little puff ball lop under a pile of bigger bunnies with short hair and pointed ears. I tried to over look it but something kept telling me to go look at him, eventually I did. As I held him, I just absolutely fell in love, there is just something about him. I was asking the workers general basic information on him, but I don't 100% trust their input. They did however correctly sex him, which my vet later confirmed. But they referred to him as a "holland mini lop", but to my understanding hollands and minis are different. I am not a new rabbit owner, I have a six year old male lionhead. I would appreciate some input on someone who's very familiar with lop breeds to help me out on this one, I've tried to google it and it's so hard to tell the difference since he's so small. I'd appreciate any input!

This is Harley.
He is around 8 weeks old.
He's 1.12lbs.
His fur makes him look larger, but he's really very very tiny, just so fluffy.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397501517.948661.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397501611.337077.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397501651.753300.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397501693.154051.jpg

Just for added cuteness, here's my lionhead, Simba.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1397501789.161643.jpg

From looking at his feet I would say fuzzy lop but his head does look like a lionhead at first glance and the fur around the cheeks is more lionhead looking as well,his feet reminds me of my two.

Hard to say with anything that comes from a shop or shelter--usually all they can say with any degree of accuracy is "mix". Have to see how big and how he looks in about six months. All of ours are rescues, so the only certainty we have is happy and healthy. Most of the time I sex them myself so there are no surprises and we don't have to change the name again (only once and I learned). Lordy, he is soooooo cuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!

Thank you all! I'll post some photos in a few months if I'm still unsure. Whatever he is, I'll love him no matter what, but I'm still so curious. :) Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Latest posts

Back