Can someone tell me what breed my bunny is??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okinawabunnymamma

Reaction score
Okinawa, Camp Courtney Marine Corps Base, , Japan
DSC03626.jpg

Hello my name is Natalie. I just got this little guy a couple weeksago, and the people we got him from did not know what type of breed heis, or even how old he is. Any ideas on his breed? Thanks!

Hi, and welcome to the site.

You may find you get more responses in the Rabbitry forum, just a handy hint :)

With regards to you bunny (who is so sweet by the way), all I can havea reasonableguess at is his colouring. which I think isvienna agouti (or agouti with vienna markings).

Do you know how much he weighs? That could help people figure out what breed he is.

Also, could you put your location in your profile, because the breeds vary depending on which country it is. :)

I am not too sure on how much he weighs,probably a few pounds. He seems aggressive when I try to hold him:(He likes to be to himself. I will put his cage down and lethim roam the kitchen during the day on and off since that is the safestplace for him, but he doesnt really like me to come near him? I thinkhe is getting used to us. We are in Okinawa, Japan on a military base,and the people said they bought him out in town at a pet store. I willfigure out my account and put in where I am and all that. Thank you somuch for the welcome!

Maybe a Dutch or Dutch mix? If he'svery small (under 3 lbs. - could be a Dwarf mix). Dutch havea "flyback" coat with a large number of guard hairs. The coatreturns very quickly to position when stroked backwards. The"rollback" coat rolls back into position a little slower than a flybackcoat.

Pam

Hi, I replied in your other thread, but I will copy and paste the reply here so they are all together.

'With regards to you bunny (who is so sweet by the way), all I can havea reasonableguess at is his colouring. which I think isvienna agouti (or agouti with vienna markings).

Do you know how much he weighs? That could help people figure out what breed he is.'

With the fact that you answered

'I am not too sure on how much he weighs, probably a few pounds.'

I wonder about also a dwarf breed, or dwarf cross, or maybe a netherland dwarf that overgrew.

I just merged the two threads.

I wonder if he's one of theAsian hybrid dutch? The'local'rabbits mostlyseem to be dutch-marked, butthey appearmore angular somehow -- longer I think in the faceand body. He doesn't really look it from thisphoto, but I'd be interested in seeing some othershots.

I've noticed the rabbits in my Asian travels, but there's also a threadabout them with some pics, I'll try and dig it up. (It was abit of a trainwreck of a thread, given a language barrier, fair warning-- ifI find it).

sas

Back