Can Someone Point me to a HOW TO thread on bonding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
I have a thread up about bonding and I just wondered if we have a basic HOW TO thread on this subject?

Bo and Clover "know" each other and accept each other. Bo goes into Clover's cage when they are playing and eats her food :foreheadsmack:and she doesn't like it but she doesn't like attack him - she just watches in an annoyed way.

They are not "together" tho. Like - they are in the same space but not together in it.

I have some great advice from a couple of people on the other thread but thought I should ask about this.

THANKS! :)

THANKS! I started the bonding today. Well, last night the cage moved. Today we put them in a small xpen (we made the big one as small as we could) with only a litterbox and we took that out when Bo wouldn't let Clover in.

We let them just hang out in there for a while and there were running around bunnies and trying to escape bunnies but no real interaction unless Clover ran over bo and it ticked him off. She sort of loses her brain...... if she has one. LOL! So they got calm and we put the box back in and Clover would get in and she actually pottied while Bo was in there. Bo smacked her a time or two and there were some little hairs that went floating!

After that we added a little blankie and IMMEDIATELY Bo hopped out of the box and on the blankie - turned around and Clover was just sort of looking at it and in the box and he smacked her! "MY BLANKIE!" so that's how it was for about 1/2 hour. Then - he leaned his head into the litterbox under Clover's chin. "groom me"...... She acted like he was out of his mind! LOL!

We went on like that back and forth a bit but they were a lot more calm and weren't boxing each other by the end of their 2 hours together. They probably only boxed 5 or 6 times and Bo seemed to gently nip her one time (yeah, gently LOL). She did lick him once but only once!

They are laying close to each other in the cages now. I think if Clover will back down and become Bo's slave we'll be fine LOL!

OH and we saw Bo notice Clover's bad leg and sniff it. He seemed to look at her like "what the heck happened here?" I thought he knew about it. So then Clover kicked him with it! :headsmack

Well today was a bit different. It seems that Clover will not back down. Bo actually is trying to sniff her and lay next to her a bit - he doesn't seem to feel real well and kind of sat in the corner so we got him out. This evening we put him in the livingroom (off limits do to his chewing carpet and peeing on it) and set up this tube we got at a sale. It was originally a connection tube for children's tents. We got 2 and boy do they love them! (today was the first time to use them).......

Bo was so happy! He seemed to need some special time to himself and his tiny poos that were worrying me today were better before he was done playing. He Rolly flopped several times! and he had a salad (we limit the salads now) and he ate a bunch of hay and binkied all over the place!

Clover just doesn't seem to want to settle down - but then when they are in their cages she doesn't leave the side next to him. :?

Latest posts

Back