Can someone plzz give me some advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IluvBunniez

Reaction score
:bunnydance:Hey Guys,I hope you haven't forgoten who I am.:elephant:

Well I have A problem with thumper,She used to be potty trained and here latly she isn't.She has now started to pea on the bottom of her cage,and when she gets mad she flings it at you.I mean I understand that she is 1yr old now and needs to be fixed,but money is really tight and im trying but I guess not hard enough.I was woundering if any of you could give me some advice,to help.Intil i save enough to get her fixed.Other than that her and Fayth and doing good and getting big,Ill have to send some pics soon.SOrry I havent been on in A long time.Also if any of you know anything about mice,could you tell me if its normal for one to die during labor? Thanks a bunch and God bless you all.

Ashley.

Thumps and FayNay

Hi Ashley,

The only thing I can think to recommend until Thumper is spayed would be to ensure that her cage is cleaned regularly, and to attempt to give her the idea of using the litter box again by taking some paper towel, soaking some of her urine in it, and place it directly in the litter box. Hopefully it might serve to remind her what it's there for. ;) I did this with Raph (he is an unneutered male) and it did seem to help, at least when he's in his cage. (Outside of it is a whole 'nuther matter...LOL) Also, when you clean the areas of the cage that she has been urinating in, use vinegar and water to mute the odor, to discourage her from going there again. Verbal praise as she is using the litter box may or may not help.

As for the mouse, with any animal death during labor can happen. There could have been a stuck baby (I think they are called 'kittens'?) or other complication. I used to raise mice when I was in my teens; can't remember ever losing a female in labor...so I'm not sure if it's rare, but it can occur. I'm sorry that this happened...

Thankyou,so much for you're help.I will definitly try that today when I clean her cage out AGIAN lol.She is so stubron. When we barried the mouse she did have something inside of her Im guessing maybe a stuck baby.Thanks agian for you're help.

Ashley

Is the urination only on the edges or on one side of the cage? Is the other bunny in her cage or is it in another cage nearby? Rabbits use their urine for boundary marking. If yes is to either of these questions, then you just have boundary marking issues. At our house, we have been having boundary wars ever since we got more then one rabbit. You can try to stop them, but don't be surprised if they start up again (or don't stop). Word of advice, get a spray bottle and fill it with vinegar. When you let the rabbit out, spray clean the floor of the cage with vinegar then with water. Any "spots" outside the cage should be blotted immediately, then do the vinegar and water cleaning there too. Also, when cleaning out their litter box, make sure you "miss" a little bit so they know where to go. Cleaning their box too well and too often will break the litter training they already have (it won't smell like the litter box anymore so they will go find a new place).

James

Thank you,for you're advice,Umm she is going in the middle of her cage.The other rabbit fay is under her cage in her own cage.Fay dosn't use the bathroom unless her litter box is in there.Ill try the Vingar thank you a bunch

Ashley

Latest posts

Back