Can rabbits eat spinach?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyScraper

Reaction score
Can rabbits eat SPinach. I have some cooked spinach. (Sorry if I spell wrong, I have never ever had to spell it before, lol). But, no one wants it so I am thinking about giving it to Leesa, my bunny with the iron stomach.

Raw spinach, yes. Cooked spinach I wouldn't feed personally, but I can't say for sure whether it is safe or not.

I give raw spinach but I dont think I would give cooked. I would assume most of the nutrients would be cooked out.

Heres a great thread: Feeding your Rabbit Q&Awhich should answer any questions you have on feeding.

Be sure to click on "Vegetables" in that threadfor moreinfo, theres evena chart you can print out and attach to your fridge which lists good veggies for bunnies.

Since bunny tummies are so sensitive, when it doubt, just skip it.Better safe than sorry.

Hi!

Whatever cooked food, not just spinach, is NOT to be given to rabbits.

Raw spinash is okay to give ONLY in minimum quantities once or twice per week. The reason is that spinach (and kale) contain oxalates, which are toxic to rabbits if fed over the time, i.e. it has an accumulative effect on them.

In order to be on the safe side I never feed spinach and kale to my bunny, there are so many other veggies and herbs for him to eat.

Follow Haley's proposal and read the specific thread and other library material on what to feed your rabbit.

Marietta

Back