can rabbits eat spinach????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopylou

Reaction score
:hello

Can i give my rabbit spinach? I givehim veggies daily but havn't given him spinach before, is it safe forhim to have?

:apollo:Louise

Magnet loooooves spinach....it's hisfavorite! But he's picky, he only likes baby spinach leaves,not the regular stuff. :disgust:

I have heard to much spinach can cause them tobloat and eventually lead to death, I would be careful giving it toyour rabbit especially if they are young or have not tried it before.

I've never heard of gas problems specificallyfrom spinach. Overfeeding any new veggie, especially to ababy rabbit, is dangerous. But spinach is no more dangerousthan any other "safe list" veggie, and less so than more gassy veggieslike broccoli.

It is on every safe list I have seen. My rabbitslovebaby spinach - never had any trouble with gas but I don'tfeed it to them regularly. Introduce is slowly so you don't upset hisstomach.

I've been feeding baby spinach to my olderrabbit, and gave my new adopted rabbit last night with no problems. Idon't feed every day but they love it.

Latest posts

Back