can rabbits and chickens co-habitat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoopacas

Reaction score
we have 4 silver fox rabbits (all neutered males). we are hoping to get chickens and put them in the same space. will we need to divide the space to keep them completely separate or is it possible for them to co-habitat comfortable and safely?

stacey t.
National Zoo
Washington DC

They will have to live totally seperate. Chickens and rabbits have totally different diets and should never eat eachother's food. Chickens can be very aggresive towards the rabbits. There are diseases that chickens can pass to rabbits. Chicken's are very dirty and the bunnies would not enjoy hopping around in chicken poop :D

this is what i assumed, however i have seen many videos online showing the opposite, including hencam.com andseveral on youtube.

i had predicted it would be the rabbits who would be most aggressive in the pairing, but it sounds it's the chickens we will need to watch out for.

do you think they could have mesh access? (i.e. see each other) or would the divider need to be solid?

Latest posts

Back