Can lionheads be shown.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1357rabbitlover

Reaction score
I recently got a lionhead bunny, she is blue/grey in colour. I was just wondering if lionheads can be shown, and if they can what colours are excepted? Also she has 1 brown eye and 1 blue eye, if lionheads are allowed to be shown, are they allowed to have different eye colours? Also she is only a single maned lionhead.

These are some pics of Darci.
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...91262_100002488348354_526852_1655913313_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...647674_100002488348354_535265_592148366_n.jpg

The pics make her look darker than what she is..

Thanks.

I imagine that having 2 different eye colors will preclude her from any showing....sorry. Love her and let her be your special pet.

Yes, Lion Heads are not a recognized breed, and seem to even be shunned by the 4-H Mixed Breed crowd due to the "stick to ARBA" breeds. I guess Lion Head Lovers can't have fun too.

She is a beauty! Like others say, enjoy her as a special pet. They are awesome little critters.

Hopefully others who really love this breed will push for this amazing animal to be recognized, just like the Rex or Mini Lop.

K:)

They can be shown although they are not a recognized breed yet. They do have their supporters in the ARBA, though it is true that many shun them. But they are immensely popular and have more followers than many recognized breeds.

Unfortunately your bun won't be able to be shown with different colored eyes. The only variety that is allowed to have blue eyes are the BEW (blue-eyed whites)Otherwise... it looks like she's a chinchilla. Chinchilla isn't a current COD variety, so the ARBA shows don't HAVE to accept that color, but most will because of the popularity of the breed. You can show single maned lionheads, but I can honestly say she probably wouldn't due very well since it appears she has shed most of her mane out. Also, and it may be just the pictures, but her ears look very long. The ears have to be less than 3 1/2" in length and they must weigh less than 3 3/4lbs. But again, it is the eyes that would get you automatically DQ'd.

The club website can be found here: http://www.lionhead.us/

It has some great info on lionheads and also a copy of the current standard. She looks like a sweet heart and a very cute pet! :)

I believe that the BRC does recognize lionheads. However, I don't know the colours that can be shown. I would think that different coloured eyes are not showable. I also don't know what the breed standard is, but she doesn't look like she meets the standard (it could be the angle of the photo and that she is not posed though).
You can do a bit of research on the breed standard and colours to see what is allowed and what isn't.

laylabunny wrote:
Korr_and_Sophie is apparently more observant than me... I didn't realize you were in the UK! :biggrin:
Don't worry. I did the same thing when I first came here and still do it if you read my post before. Keep forgetting this forum is more International than others.

But in the United States, your info is on the mark!

Love those Lion Heads!

K:)

Latest posts

Back