Can i bring my bunnies out in snow ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Theodore loved loved loved going out in thesnow. Just make sure it's not really fresh and deep... because they'llsink right down to the bottom. But if there's hard snow beneath new orall hard, your bunnies will probably love it. Just don't let them stayout too long and put a blanket down in case they want to get their feetoff the ice.

It's not advised. A 15*F (roughly 7-8*C) changein temperature can be dangerous for a rabbit. It's not so much the coldbut the snow because rabbits handle cold weather a lot better thanheat. A rabbit with an inside coat will get cold very fast so I do notsuggest it.

My bunnies love it in the snow, Butits funny when they first go on it, cos they hop in it, and every stepthey take they flicked their back feet in the air to get the snow offthem.

I dont really see a problem with it, but maybe if its a house rabbit the coldness might shock it.

I looked at the title of your post and I thought isn't it a bit earlyto be thinking about snow??? But then I saw you lived in Canada! hehe :)

I only wish we had snow, I always see picturesof other people and their pets in the snow and feel like I'm reallymissing out. It never really gets that cold here, of course,if it drops below 80, I'm cold, lol.

Pebbles love been out it the snow!

Use common sense. If it'stoo cold for you, it's too coldfor bunny. If theyare running around and activethen its fine, but if they justsit in some corner andshiver it's time to bring themin. When youbringthem backinside, you can leave them ina cooler spot of the house orthe porch to gradually warm upbefore you take them in ahot house.

18538.jpg

More Snow pictures.....
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=9548&forum_id=6&page=9

Rainbows! :)

I wish my bunnies loved the snow as much as Pebbles (or did half the cute things Pebbles does) :)

Anyway, my buns are scared of the snow. I think theyre too pampered :)

-Haley

My rabbits love the snow, however, if yourrabbits are house rabbits than the temp. change could be bad for them.As long as your buns keeps moving and isn't sitting there getting coldthen they should be ok, but I wouldn't put them out for long. Myrabbits live outside all year round and although I do let my rabbitsplay in the snow I don't leave them out if they aren't moving aboutincase they get cold.

Latest posts

Back