Can different breeds be kept together?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymothian_Sophie

Reaction score
So as some of you may already know I have been looking to get some company for my Truffles.
I have recently found a local rabbit rescue centre near to where I live and have seen a bunny called Rex, who is a rex rabbit who is lovely. Can I put him (a rex) and her (a mini lop) together? Not sure if that's a silly question but thought I'd ask as I know some animals you can't put different breeds together

Bonding rabbits is all down to individual personality. I even know someone who successfully bonded a Netherland Dwarf with a Continental Giant and they are devoted to each other. That said, that's perhaps not always the best idea!

Different breeds with rabbits don't matter so much because there isn't really much of a difference between most of the breeds, not like there is a difference between dog breeds. Most rabbits are within the same weight/size range no matter the breed.

Shouldn't be any problem bonding two buns of different breeds. :) I'm planning on bonding my Netherland Dwarf to a Mini Lop in the next few months.

I've seen a tiny dwarf bonded to a very large breed rabbit, lol (Shya and Kai come to mind). It really is all personality - any two de-sexed rabbits can be bonded regardless of breed, size or gender as long as their personalities are compatible. I have a Holland lop female and a Lionhead female who are bonded; I'm hoping to introduce a male who's an American Sable mix to them.

Qtip and Alfie say "size doesn't matter!" My mini rex is bonded to a Californian and other than how silly they look together...

Awesome! Thanks guys! The rex I want to get is gorgeous, I have booked in a viewing with him to see how he is with me for next week, will keep you updated on whether or not I bring him home :)

Latest posts

Back