Can Bunny Go Out?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helena

Reaction score
So, about two weeks ago my dad sprayed our yard (only about three acres of it) with stuff to kill weeds only. (not sure what he used......) I had been taking my Bunster outside daily but had to stop then. I am not sure when I can start taking her out again. It has rained probably three times since then. I think two really deep rains since he sprayed. There are wilted dandelions all over the yard. Personally I really dislike when people spray their yards when they have animals. My dad just really doesn't like when dandelion start to seed. When can I start taking her out again? If she eats the dandelions is that OK? I don't think she would eat them but if she does is that OK? Thanks in advance!:)

I wouldn't let her eat any dandelions that are dying from being sprayed (meaning they've absorbed the weed killer).
Perhaps you can section off a portion of the yard just for bunny that won't get sprayed. You can dig any weeds out by hand in just that small section. Then you'll always have a place set aside just for Bunster.

Thanks for replying! He only sprayed it once. I don't think he is going to spray it again. So she can't go to the spaces that were sprayed?

Ok. Thanks so much! I just took her behind our barn where there is lots of clover and such. She absolutely loved it! Too bad though that we are getting cows this Wednesday. We get a few cows every so often for meat.

Hi 👋
I would check the company of the weed killer you dad has used and give them a call and ask, they should be able to give you a proper answer.

I only used Gras fertiliser (food) and also an organic one, I called the company and they said three days when it rained I still did not let our bunny’s and my kids play on the gras for two weeks instead just to be sure.

I'm not sure if I can help you, but good luck! (By the way, did it rain since?)

Latest posts

Back