Can breeding your doe change her?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvinmycowboy

Reaction score
Our girl is such a sweetie she always wants to be with us always wants pet and held and fed. I was wondering if she was bred would she change? I think she's still so sweet because she hasn't matured yet. I think she's only like 3 months or so.

But I was just wondering would she change?
Personality wise?

They can be change while pregnant but I have found with my nethies anyway when they are a nice personality they tend to stay that way. I do have a few that get a bit wary over you going into their hutch but they are usually the best mama's :)

I have a nethie and lionlop and while pregnant they got really moody and cage agressive but they calmed down again after they had them, I believe they can be aggresive too while they have the babies but after they are weaned she should go back to normal. If she isn't mature yet when her hormones kick in she might change for the worst too, for good unless she is spayed.

I do not see much change in a does personality while pregnant, except right before and after kindling. 2-3 days before kindling, they may prefer to be left alone and may get defensive of their territory. After the babies are born, a lot of my girls get very vocal and protective. Not nasty or mean, they still let me check the babies.

Your girl is still very young and her hormones have not started yet. As she matures, she may develop more of an independent personality. But that doen't mean she will be less loveable. How you treat herwill influence how she matures. Have patience with her, especially as she goes through those "teenage months". She can get overwhelmed with the hormones and it may take a couple of months for her to adjust.

Latest posts

Back