Can babies over heat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alley

Reaction score
I have 1 day old bunnies uptairs withthere mom but it is hot in here and we don't have air conditioning oranything. I know babies are supose to be warm but it is 80d. to high?and is so what can I do?

Check out the cooling a rabbit thread at the topof the cage. I'm not sure how to deal with babies- they would be moresensitive to temp and temp changes. I keep a fan aimed at part ofMocha's cage. If it's really warm, I give her frozen water bottles, too.

Alley wrote:
I have 1 day old bunnies uptairs with there mom butit is hot in here and we don't have air conditioning or anything. Iknow babies are supose to be warm but it is 80d. to high? and is sowhat can I do?

80F should be fine. I had summer babies last year, and they will kickbedding off when they get hot and burrow in when they get cold. Theyhave trouble regulating body temp when very young, so warm is betterthan cold.

Just keep an eye on them. :D

Rose

It's actually pretty cute, like watching alittle kid kick blankets off in his sleep. And then they stretch out totake full advantage of the cool air, instead of curling up like usual.

Rose

Back