Can anyone in Ohio & PA help?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score
I can fill in the spot from White Haven PA to Hopatcong NJ.

Hi Rescue Friends,
Echo White German Shepherd Rescue(http://www.echodogs.org)desperately needs helpto move two females (4 years and 15months) from central Ohio to Sayville NY this Saturday. Theywill be moving NE into Youngstown OH and then east across PA on I-80into NY state and on east.They have very fewtransport contacts across northern PA, so please, please, if you can'ttake a leg, crosspost to groups/individuals in your area.Please look at the list below, and contact Deanna at[email protected]if you can help. Thanks! Jackie Gainer
Newark, OH

[email protected] wrote:
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:19:11 EDT
Subject: Transport: 8/27 OH - NY
To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected] [email protected],[email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected]
CC: [email protected]

Now, I realize that I havecopied people on here that aren't on this route, but I am hoping forlots of crossposting. I am a little nervous about thistransport, as I have never gone this far through PA before andvirtually have no contacts past the Bellefonte area. If youcan help, that is very much appreciated... but please crosspostregardless. Thanks, Deanna ***********PERMISSION TOCROSSPOST*************

This transport is set for Saturday August 27, 2005. This transport is for 2 WGSD females going from foster homes in
MO to their forever homes in NY. They have a wonderfulfamily's waiting for their arrival. Lets get these sweetgirls on to their new life!

If you can help in this transport, please contact Deanna Reevesdirectly at[email protected]( White Shep Lover 2 @ aol.com ) (remove spaces)
as I dont want to miss any offers to help here.

City/State Traveling from: Columbus, OH

City/State Traveling to: Sayville, NY

Passengers: Abby, Lacey

Breed: 2 White German Shepherd Dogs

Sex: Female, female

Neutered/Spayed? yes/yes

Size/weight: 60 lbs/50 lbs

UTD on shots, including rabies? yes/yes

Overall health? good

Housebroken? yes

Does it get along with other animals yes

Does it get along with children? yes

Does it get along with Men? / Women? yes/yes

Any behavior problems? no

Is a crate optional or mandatory? optional

If so, is one provided and what size is it? none provided

Items traveling with: vet papers, food, treats, leash, collar, health certificate

Rescue Group Responsible for animal: Echo Dogs White Shepherd Rescue

City/State Group is based in: Nationwide

Reason for Transport: Going from foster homes to forever homes

Name of shelter/foster home coming from:EDWSR approved foster home- Angel Nowak/Donna Carter Staying w/ tempfoster the night before in OH.

Foster/forever home going to: EDWSR approvedforever home - Guy Nelson Sayville,NY/Jody Vercellone E.Islip, NY

Phone number of contact: 317-539-7598 (home) - 317-627-1362 (cell)

Transport Coordinator: Deanna Reeves - Indiana

Email address:[email protected] (White Shep Lover 2 @ aol.com ) remove spaces

***This is a rescue monitored transport***

Please note that 10 min. have been added to each leg for pottybreaks and legs can and will be tweaked for your convenience.
Going from Columbus, OH toSayville, NY

Leg 1)

Columbus OH to MansfieldOH

67 miles 1 hr 10 minutes

Leave time 7:00 a.m.

Arrive time 8:10 a.m.

***FILLED***
Thanks Diana!!!

Leg 2)

Mansfield OH to AkronOH

63 miles 1 hour 10 minutes

Leave time 8:20 a.m.

Arrive time 9:30 a.m.

***NEEDED***

Leg 3)

Akron OH to Youngstown OH

51 miles 55 minutes

Leave time 9:40 a.m.

Arrive time 10:35 a.m.

***NEEDED***

Leg 4)

YoungstownOH to ClarionPA

77 miles 1 hr 20 minutes

Leave time 10:45 a.m.

Arrive time 12:05 p.m.

***NEEDED***
Leg 5) Clarion PA to Clearfield PA59 miles 1 hrLeave time 12:15p.m. Arrive time 1:15 p.m. ***NEEDED***

Leg 6)
Clearfield PA to Bellefonte PA45 miles 1 hr Leave time 1:25p.m. Arrive time 2:25 p.m. ***NEEDED***

Leg 7) Bellefonte PA to MiltonPA 57miles 1 hr Leave time 2:35 p.m. Arrive time 3:35 p.m. ***NEEDED***

Leg 8) Milton PA to White HavenPA 64miles 1 hr 10 minutes Leave time 3:45 p.m. Arrive time 4:55 p.m. ***NEEDED***

Leg 9) White Haven PA to HopatcongNJ 72miles 1 hr 20 minutes Leave time 5:05 p.m. Arrive time 6:25 p.m. ***NEEDED***

Leg 10) (home leg)
Hopatcong NJ to Sayville NY104 miles 2 hrLeave time 6:35p.m. Arrive time 8:35 p.m. ***FILLED***

Deanna Reeves - President
Echo Dogs White Shepherd Rescue
http://www.echodogs.org/

Help support us, buy some cool stuff!
http://www.CafePress.com/EchoDogsRescue

I e-mailed her and may be able to help with theMansfiled pick up at least to Akron or Youngstown and possibly toClarion, PA. I've been to Clarion before as a part of a catrescue train from Myrtle Beach, SC to Ohio.

I have a friend who runs a small animal rescue in Williamsport,PA.(eastern PA) I will try and reach her tonightand se if she and her dad can help.

Ann//seniorcats

I would be able to help from Clarion toClearfield if it weren't this weekend. If for some reason, itfalls through, let me know. I can do that leg with noproblem. If something changes in my schedule, I'll e-mail.

Jen

Hi Jen, Thanks for the offer. Deanna just emailed me for references, etc.. I don't
know all the details yet. It's a shame that the original request came so close to
the necessary transport. Hopefully, the "legs" will be filled by Saturday.

Nope, not yet. Deanna e-mailed me forreferences, contact and vehicle info which I provided. Thenshe e-mailed me back saying I was added to the list and she would getback to me. She answered some questions I had about leashes.

Haven't heard anything back yet.I'll post if I do.

It seems that a couple of the "Legs", before me(9), have not been filled. It's still "up in the air" as towhether the Run can be completed. Charlotte

dootsmom wrote:
Itseems that a couple of the "Legs", before me (9), have not beenfilled. It's still "up in the air" as to whether the Run canbe completed. Charlotte

Thanks Charlotte, Iwas wondering if they were able to getenough people. I've never transported dogs either and waslooking forward to it. When I retire, in either 6 months or 3years (depending....) I would like to get a rescue dog.

I'll tack this on to this thread

http://www.scbf.com/flyer.html

This is my other weekend activity for Sunday. If anyone is innortheastern Ohio, stop in and see the Sacred Cat of Burma FanciersShow.

Charlotte, I just got an e-mail. There is only one leguncovered and it's the one from Clarion to Clearfild. Isaid Iwould cover if no one else can be found. What the hey it'sjust another hour.

Ann

Charlotte, hurray for volunteer power!Someone will be meeting me in Emlenton, PAwhich is closerthan Clarion, PA.

Drive safely and have a wonderful trip!

Ann

Hippity hoppity, I'm home! Left homeat 7:00 and went south to Ashland, OH. Stacie, Ross and soneNoah met me. They are the sweetest couple and so involved inrescue. Stacie picked up Lacie in Indiana last night.

Headed north and east to Emlemtom, PA. We stopped at a reststop and Lacey and jogged around for about 20 minutes. Nowthere is the perfect weight loss tool - a happy dog. Made itto Emlentonabout 11:15 and was met by Melonie, anotherrescuer.

She is a sweet, sweet dog who was abused in a prior home. Youcan still see some of the fearin her (tail between the legsat loud noises). She is really good with obeying doggiecommands. The man who is getting her is incrediblyexcited. He lost his dog to cancer after 3 years of chemo andradiation.

Hope you have as much fun as I did!

One thing - when I stopped the car and turned of the engine, she wouldcome forward from the back of the Blazer and sit in my lap until Iopened the door. Too funny.

Except for the torrential rains, it was anuneventful trip. Lacey slept the whole time. Shewas so quiet you wouldn't have know she was there. She perkedup as soon as we hit the Rockaway Mall, where the meet was to takeplace.

We finished the run at 5:30......a half hour sooner than expected andGuy was having dinner at the Olive Garden with his Mother and afriend. He gulped down his Entree and came running to meethis dog!

Lacey is a sweetheart....a little shy but, she'll come around real fastfor Guy. He has so much patience with her. She isgoing where she will be loved & cared for. A happyending!

Thank you Ann....without your help, I don't think she would have made it to her new home today.

Latest posts

Back