can anyone help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ji all

can i just ask

at what age can i start giving */LUCY

fresh veg and fruit

i no to do it gradually

ive heard that you shouldnt give rabbits lettuce or cabbage

but can she eat the green florets of a peice of btoccili or caukiflower

LUCY

is 11 weeks today

many thanksvarnafemale just with a german name

addeytrix wrote:
ji all

can i just ask

at what age can i start giving */LUCY

fresh veg and fruit

i no to do it gradually

ive heard that you shouldnt give rabbits lettuce or cabbage

but can she eat the green florets of a peice of btoccili or caukiflower

LUCY

is 11 weeks today

many thanks varna female just with a german name

I think lettuce is ok for bunnies, as long as its not iceberg lettuce. Cabbage is not good.
They can have broccoli, green pepper, parsley. I don't think cauliflower is good for them.

Also veggies should be used as treats since they do contain sugar.

Believe you can begin introducing such into herdiet gradually. Just watch her stool, and if soft, runny, orloose, back off the green stuff.

Iceberg lettuce is contraindicated because of its high moisturecontent, leading to possible diarrhea, and low nutritionalvalue. Dark greens like spinach, turnip greens, arugula,dandelion, and mustard greens are a better bet, even some of the"other" lettuces, like Boston Lettuce andRomaine wouldsuffice.

Some people refrain from cabbage and broccoli because of the potentialfor gaseous build-up within rabbits' intestinal system, which they areill equipped to deal with. In moderation, they probably wouldnot present much of a problem.

Check out A Cheat Sheet for Rabbit Care in the posts listedabove for more complete information. Worthwhile to spend sometime reading it for it answers many questions of a general natureregarding rabbit care.

Buck

Latest posts

Back