Can anyone help with my bunny's breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evey

Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased a rabbit yesterday, and I'm actually not sure what breed she is so I was hoping that you guys could help! I'm also new (my name is Kathy, and my bun's name is Evey)!

Here are some pictures!!

Evey1.jpg

Evey3.jpg

Evey2.jpg

How old is she and how much does she weigh? These are pretty important facts when picking out a breed, and some of the more experienced breeders might need this information to decide on a breed. ;)

I'm not very experienced at picking breeds, she's very cute though. :)

Rachel.

Welcome to the forum!

The country of origin is also needed because different countries often have different breed names.

Your rabbit could be a large Netherland Dwarf, Mini Rex, Holland Lop with erect ears, or a Dwarf mix.

The color is broken chestnut agouti. (Butterfly in the UK)

Pam

Did you get Evey at a pet store around here? Most of what they sell are dwarf mixes from what Ive seen. Did they tell you how young she is?

Sadie looks like shes probably part mini rex. Is her fur soft like velvet?

Yeah, I purchased her from Pet Supplies Plus in Fenton...I had NO intentions of buying a bunny when I went in...just wanted to buy some bedding for my mice, but she was too cute!

And I really think she is a dwarf of some sort because that's what the girl said, but I didn't trust her because she really didn't seem too knowledgeable about the bunnies...I mean, she couldn't even tell me how old she is!

Sadie's coat is very velvet-like so a Rex of some sort seems to fit as well. I know more about her since she was at a shelter, but I feel like you guys know a lot :]

your new rabbits reminds me a lot of the mixed breed bunnies I had 2 years ago... they were netherland/polish dwarf/mini rex -- small, fluffy, slick fur (not like Mini Rex), 'up' ears--very very similar

Latest posts

Back