Can anyone help me guess the breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyBritt

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out what breed/mix my two rabbits are. I would just like to say that this was not a pleasant experience for my female rabbit. She hates being caught and picked up and she scratched the heck out of me putting her on my counter so I could get a good picture of her. Belle is the white and brown one. I've been calling her darker brown chocolate. Not sure if that's correct or not. She's about 5-6 months old and weighs approximately 4lbs. Two months ago she weighed 2 lbs and now she's twice as big. I was told she's rex but she does not have the fur of a rex. Her mother was absolutely huge so I figured she will be big. Her Fur is kinda like a fluffy cat but shorter and not as soft as my male rabbit.

Sir William's age is not known, he was a pet store bunny. He's solid like he has muscle and has a very "fat" face. Don't know what else to say, rounded maybe? He's a tad bit smaller than Belle so he weighs maybe 3lbs. His fur looks like a cat's but feels super, super soft and he has blue eyes. He's not growing as fast as Belle so I figured he may be older maybe 8 months or so. The pet store didn't know anything about him.
I tried to get good pictures but both rabbits were very uncooperative.

20150103_014216.jpg

20150103_014235.jpg

20150103_014254.jpg

20141217_010128.jpg

20150103_021546.jpg

20150103_021412.jpg

20150103_021519.jpg

20150103_021324.jpg

20150103_021626.jpg

Aw they're both very cute! My disclaimer is Telling rabbit breeds on mixed rabbits is definitely not always truth. It can be very difficult because rabbits do not breed true characteristics in litters/babies when crossed between breeds. Saying that i can see belle as being a mini rex mix. At 6months of age a rabbit is pretty much full grown if they are a smaller breed and won't get much bigger. Her color is most certainly a broken tort.

For sir William it's a little harder. His color is Black Vienna marked. The blue eyes and major white patterns show he has the Vienna gene which comes from a blue eyes white rabbit. To me I could see him as a polish mix. Because of how much of a poor representation of a netherland dwarf he is I might not say he is a mix of that but the softness of his fur could be from one because they have a rollback fur which leads to a longer hair shaft and very soft fur. Polish are still soft but not as much.

Btw you're pictures and lighting are perfect thank you for those!

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I originally thought Sir William was a rex mix because i couldn't match him to anything else but a was reading an article on rabbits with blue eyes which made me rethink. Belle was not happy about any of this so it was very difficult to get her to stay calm. I was hoping she'd get bigger because her mom was about two to three times her size but honestly I would be happy if she stayed this size! She's already a hand full. I'm hoping that when I get her fixed she'll chill out a little.
Thank you so much for your help! That definitely sheds some light on Sir William, he baffled me the most. This is super exciting!

Latest posts

Back