Can any Checkered Giant breeders answer this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioRabbits

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum. I have been breeding Americans and Lilacs for awhile and recently started breeding Checkered Giants. My buck and doe are both perfectly marked to show specifications, but my doe just had her first litter and all of the babies are either "sports" (as I'm told the solids are called) or "charlies" (improperly marked). I knew I would get some of these but is it common for an entire litter to fail to produce even one properly marked kit?
She had six kits, by the way.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

You may want try with one proper one not I don't know much about breeding but with to perfect marked rabbits most of the time there is at least one perfect marked was the parents of the buck and the doe perfect because if their weren't the doe or buck may just be a lucky one chance baby with perfect marks

And that might mean that their gens and that are not perfect done know I'm properly wrong just find out about the parents

So I dont know personally how many babies in a checkered litter can be marked or unmarked but i do know that it is hard to get marked babies in a litter. It definitely depends on the babies. With my friends that breed English Spots I know sometimes they will keep a charlie or a sport if the type is phenomonal and breed it back to a marked baby. This might give you a better shot at getting marked just in case one of the grandparents were a charlie or sport. I do know that marked breeds can sometimes be hard to produce showable babies. Maybe try one more litter and if nothing comes of it try both parents with a different buck/doe.

here is the club website. I dont know how much help it would be but maybe theres breeders you can ask as well
http://maddawg1072.wix.com/acgrc

I also tried googling stuff but its kind of hard to find anything too detailed. I looked for things like breeding checkered giants and sports and charlies in marked rabbits. Maybe you could find more

Latest posts

Back