Camo and Brody

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweedBunny

Reaction score
:brownbunnyCamo and Brody the Brown Bunnies:brown-bunny

This is also from my introduction - but I'll post it again as a blog intro:

Me and my husbandhave two rabbits, Camo and Brody. My husbandfound Camo one night as hewas out patrolling (he's an officer:cop:) on agraveyard shift, andnearly hit him inthe roadway. After calling another officer to help him catch the rabbit(it did a really good job of evading him), he took it up to the pound.He came home, told me, I went and adopted the rabbit. We named himCamo.He is a Tort Lop, I've been told (brown with blackshading) and I think he looks like a walnut shell. :DWe haveNO idea how old he is though.

About a year after we'd had Camo, I decided to get anotherbunnyto befriend Camo while me and my husband were away longhours at work. I wanted a Dutch, a baby I could raiseby handto be affectionate (Camo really isn't). My sispickedpicked one for me from a litterSalt LakeCity. He's brown and white, we named him Brody because that's what hedoes around the kitchen table. He's litterbox trained when he feelslike it. :devil<---- :rollseyes

Camo and Brody get along wonderfully, even though they are both males! They are both fixed, so I attribute it to that.

I LOVE THEM! :bunnieskissI keep telling my husband, "What do we need kids for?!" He just rolls his eyes...

4ccxnx0.jpg

I'm quite ticked. I just came home tonight, myhusband had let the boys out in the backyard for awhile to get theenergy out of their legs before they went to bed. Earlier thisafternoon, I planted some new plants outback, called 'Sea Thrift'. Theyare these cute mounds of grass with purple flower heads.

2dt68mv.jpg

4cmna52.jpg

So little BRODY decided it would be fun to gothrough and snipthe flower heads off of each plant, JUST FOR FUN. He didn't eat theflowers, just left them littered around the plants.What alittle brat. So now I have a bunch of Sea Thrift with headless stems.Hope you had fun Brody. :growl:

I've about decided I can either have nice plants... OR rabbits... in my backyard.

We live in the southwestern deserts and it staysin the hundred degree range all summer. This isCamo lastsummer when he came inside from a very hot summer day. Hewasbreathing hard andfrozen TV dinners were all Icould think of to help him cool down fast! :)

33lz5sj.jpg

TweedBunny wrote:
I'm quite ticked. I just came home tonight, my husband hadlet the boys out in the backyard for awhile to get the energy out oftheir legs before they went to bed. Earlier this afternoon, I plantedsome new plants outback, called 'Sea Thrift'. They are these cutemounds of grass with purple flower heads.

2dt68mv.jpg

4cmna52.jpg

So little BRODY decided it would be fun to gothrough and snipthe flower heads off of each plant, JUST FOR FUN. He didn't eat theflowers, just left them littered around the plants.What alittle brat. So now I have a bunch of Sea Thrift with headless stems.Hope you had fun Brody. :growl:

I've about decided I can either have nice plants... OR rabbits... in my backyard.

Brody and Bangbang would make the best of friends, they could go on a unnecessary garden rampage together ;)
Both your buns are beautiful, I love the picture at the top of Camolicking Brody, Brodys facial expression is hilarious, like he's saying"Gross, stop putting your germs on me!"

This is teamwork at its finest!:highfive:Tonight I put up the baby (aka bunny) gate to keep Brody fromhanging out down at the end of the hallway (since it tends to be theplace he likes to wee the most). At first Brody started tugging on thegate. Camo watched for a bit and then came over to help. They workedtogether, each at one end of the gate. After awhile, the teamwork paidoff and they were finally able to bring it down.

This is the gate that keeps Brody OUT or IN, depending. He's knawedaway the plastic in the places he can reach. I think by now he hasfigured out that the gate can't be chewed through, he just knaws on itout of habit and boredom now. :)

2samgiq.jpg

Brody at one end

3zm57cm.jpg

34q0chs.jpg

Brody and Camo working together

2r4idxu.jpg

Breakthrough!

2qd52jo.jpg

The little pills! :nope:I can't help but smile though. They're suchgood buds. Camo didn't know why they were trying to bring the gatedown, but he helped Brody anyway, just because Brody was so passionateabout it. :inlove:

[align=left]Sharing the Carrot

Its carrot time!!!

Now, it might be easier to break the carrotand give each ahalf. Maybe I treat my bunnies too much like children whenIreason that if I give themONE carrot, that they'llhave to learn the concept of SHARING. Animals don't share. Andespecially not rabbits and carrots! Here is how theideaofsharing a carrot progresses with Camo and Brody:[/align]

[align=left]

Step 1: At first they remember their manners. After providing thecarrot, Camo prefers to devour the pointed end first, while Brody likesto snack on the greens at the top. They stay at opposite ends of thecarrot and pretend to ignore each other.

2enp2cn.jpg
[/align]

Step 2: At this point, Camo has started sneaking extra bites whileBrody isn't looking, knowing that soon, the carrot will be gone.

347te93.jpg

Step 3: Brody starts trespassing onto Camo's end of the carrot, causingCamo some real carrot heartburn! A look of displeasure crosses Camo'sface

48q6hb9.jpg

Step 4: Camo begins his counter-offense, trying to snatch his end of the carrot back and move Brody back to his end!

2z3os91.jpg

Step 5: At this point, it becomesa free for all.It's not about whether or not they're still hungry for carrot, but thatthey each get their fair share. The carrot sharing has gone out thewindow, and now its a carrot-eating-race!

43ra5a1.jpg

Step 6: Their faces are dirty, their mouths are munching, and they usetheir snouts as a weapon to push the others face away from thediminishing carrot.

2dtr69x.jpg

Step 7: Only the dedicated succeed and Brody has won this battle!Suddenly, feeling a little bloated and his face smeared with carrot,he's no longer interested in the carrot... instead...

4bi6mgh.jpg

Step 8: Camooo! I'm fuuullll! Do you want the rest of the carrot?
2a7eyo3.jpg

Latest posts

Back