Cami is falling apart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jupiterannette

Reaction score
So i went away for my aniversary for 2 nights and came home to a mangy bunny.

Cami is falling apart, i have seen buns shed before this is ..... abnormal from my experience. there is soooo much fir floating around my bedroom it looks like a fir carpet not a tile floor!

i just swept when i got home and i could make 2 more bunnies!

are there any bunnies out there in need of wigs?

i brush her 2-3 times a week, and i brushed her right before we left 2 days ago and she did loose alot in that brushing, but she had huge clumps of fir comming off her, and she looks mangy, not to mention the hug pile of fir she wont let me take out of her bed, it is cozy! she is altered, recently dont know if that matters!

any ideas, is this normal for flemish???

anything i can do to help her through?

Some buns just shed more than others my Nibby is like that you could make 2 of him out of what i can take in one sitting lol. We just sort of pluck the loose hair away gently and then give him a good brush but we can easily do this every day till it settles down so i wouldnt worry to much just keep an eye on it so she doesnt get a hairball

hair balls was what i was worried about.. so in chat ani-lover had suggested the firminator.... i went and got one for 50$ at pet smart, and OMG it is amazing.

she is a new bun, there was easily enough fir to make a few of her.! LOL

she is now binkying around and back to ehr self.

thanks for the help!

I'm afraid I have 4 Flemish right now that sound exactly like Cami... shedding like crazy. I'm brushing them every day (and I use the Furminator too!). Helps a lot, but you'll have to keep at it for a few days. I'm not sure why, we had a weird, warm winter so far. (Global Warming?) But it's not just your Cami...

I'm so relieved Cami is just molting! When I read the title, I thought her health was really deteriorating or something. Whew! Maybe you could get a Furminator brush or something to help with the shedding? I just got one today and can't wait to try it out on Rory!

im glad to hear im not alone, the firminator is really helping with cami, and i got the medium one and did some one my great dane too, he didnt really like it but it helped his shedding too!

so this is what she normally looks like

camipostspay4.jpg

i didnt get a pic before i brushed her... but here is her after a good brushing with the firminator, the dark patch is all new fir, it is short, but comming in nicely.

camishedding2.jpg

camishedding1.jpg

camishedding.jpg

And this one is just cute!
camiunderbed.jpg

Yup! That about sums up what my girls look like now too!Poor Cami... Poor you having to keep picking up all that hair! The Furminator works great, but you'll have to comb her every day. BTW...Her new color looks awesome!

yeah the dark is sooo pretty, this will be her first shedding since i have had her, and i gave her a few black sunflower seeds to help a little with the fir, and also extra papya every day to prevent hairballs.

this is a very ruff time for her, she was spayed about a month ago, so her hormones are all outta wack AND she looks like crap! so i would emagine she is feeling pretty down, i brushed her again this morning and she is already looking better.

but she is upset she peed in front of my dresser while i was in the shower.

she is a bit fussy right now, it will pass.

How's Cami doing? How's the shedding? Is she looking any better?

Is she still mad at you? (Did you ever think that she was upset that you left for two days? I mean, how dare you go off for 48 hours to celebrate something that has nothing to do with her? :nono)

yeah i did think of that and it is probably why she is mad at me.

the shedding is going much better. she has one huge dark patch and the rest is coming in slowly.

she doesnt seem to be eating as much,a nd her poops are a little darker so i gave her a few drops of the baby gas samythacon stuff...

seems to be helping

i jsut dont want her to get a hairball

Latest posts

Back