Cameron

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
He was in a posing mood today, so I took my chance. I actually got a proper side pose :thumbupHe has better angles but I needed one of full on side, proper feet placement, ect.

He will be 1 1/2 this June. When I got himI was told his head would pop soon... it never really has. His head isgood but not NICE. His ears are really not long... it is just because of his head.

SANY3918.JPG

SANY3494.JPG

DSCI1388.JPG

He is special to me, top show stud or not. He is a stud in my book!

I'm only starting to get into Hollands so my knowledge is very limited.

What I like...I like his bone (looking at his feet) and I love his width/depth. I really like his face and markings.

He seems to have a long body and isn't as compact as what I'm used to seeing for Hollands...but honestly - I don't know that for sure and I'm thinking more of my experience with lionheads and trying to judge him with the knowledge I have from that.

I'd put him with a short-bodied doe...or several short bodied does - particularly if the girls have good crowns.

Crowns - I still don't really understand yet...

Honestly - if he were here - I'd probably use him.

very cute!

from a breeder's standpoint he is kinda long in the ears, and his crown is set kinda far back (well, for what I would have liked for a buck) and it looks just a *little* tight.

he has good bone, but needs a little more filling out. seems a little pinched in the HQ (can tell by the cow hocked back feet) and his top line seems off. you want more of a fall in the back, then a gentle curve. not sure if that makes any sense at all.

overall he seems nice

Katt - if you see this - please explain crown for me? (Or anyone else who is good about knowing about crowns).

Use "Holland Lop for dummies" when you write though as I'm a total newbie with hollands..

"seems a little pinched in the HQ (can tell by the cow hocked back feet)"

I never really got what cow hocks ment but I see it now. Where his feet turn out a little? xD I guess I have never met a holland with proper HQ then, never met one where their feet didn't turn out a little :/

bunnybunbunb wrote:
"seems a little pinched in the HQ (can tell by the cow hocked back feet)"

I never really got what cow hocks ment but I see it now. Where his feet turn out a little? xD I guess I have never met a holland with proper HQ then, never met one where their feet didn't turn out a little :/
I'll try to get a picture of it later - but the way I was taught to check for cow hocks was to hold the rabbit on their back (try to trance them maybe) and see how their feet line up naturally without trying to make them go any certain way. You want them to point straight towards the head - not to either side.

I hope that makes some sense....I know how to do it - but describing it isn't easy.

The very best way to check for cow hocks is to watch the rabbit track (observe the straightness of the legs from the rear view as the rabbit is hopping.) The feet should be set parallel just under the body - not too close together and not sticking out at an angle from the body.

Turning the rabbit on it's back isn't always the most accurate indicator.

Latest posts

Back