CALLING ALL PEOPLE IN WNY AREA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliemjkim

Reaction score
I have a 4month old not yet neutered netherland dwarf. I am trying to find rabbit savvy places that will neuter Mr. Pepper that also does it low cost. I can't seem to find any places in Buffalo because I called the SPCA and they said the only place that neuters rabbits is All Creatures on Transit Road and it costs $300! There has to be a place that does it for cheaper. I've read that some Humane Socities do it for as low as $50. I'm not trying to skimp out on costs but...$300 is a bit too much... I am going to get him neutered one way or another but I'd rather not go the $300 way...

I am willing to drive out to as far as Rochester and Syracuse to find a place!

Thanks for all your help!

See if there are any rabbit rescues in your area. Maybe they could help you find someone or maybe you could go through them.

I understand what you mean about the cost. One of the vets around here works with the humane society and does low cost spay/neuters. You purchase a certificate from the human society and then take your animal to the vet. I know they used to do it on rabbits and I called them and the vet a few times getting things set up. The vet even has a price in their computer saying how much they would charge the human society. Well the vet called me and said the human society isn't going to do the certificate and that they were going to have to have a board meeting about it. Luckily the vet was willing to still do the spay at low cost, $110. I have my male schedule to go in on the 7th and I'm hoping I can get a low cost neuter too. If not I'm going to have to figure something else out.

I don't understand why the humane society wouldn't offer it. I know they are making some money off of it and most of the reasons people give up rabbits could be eliminated if they were spayed/neutered. :foreheadsmack:

The Cornell Vet School is probably the best place in western NY, if not in the entire Northeast, for rabbit care. I'm taking Natasha there in two weeks for her spay. They were so great with Scone when he had problems, that I wouldn't take her anywhere else.

They're not any cheaper than the quote you got, at least at full price - I was quoted $290 for a full checkup before, the spay, and also including an overnight stay for observation afterward. They might have special deals, though - it never hurts to ask.

Latest posts

Back