callin all angora rabbits owners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emthesweetie

Reaction score
hey

hi I have an angora rabbit for about two months now, and this rabbitthing is sorta new, and i was wondering if anyone knowswat isthe best way to brush their fur, cut their fur and wat type of food tofeed them ?

A reply would be great thanks :)

emthesweetie

Hi there, I'm a french angora owner and I wouldlove to help you out with how to care for angoras. Well I'm not sure ofwhat type of angora you have but if you do have a english or germanthey do need the MOST grooming (even though all angoras need to begroomed a lot). The best way to groom a angora is to use a blower. Iwouldn't brush an angora too much, cause it pulls the fibers too muchand pulls the skin which can give pain to the rabbit. For more info ongrooming angoras with a blower, type in grooming german angora in thesearch engine at the top of the screen, and you will find a post calledgrooming german angora and you willfind lots of info aboutblowers in that post. I also found a care sheet for you that will tellyou everything about how to care for an angora....and that includeswhat to feed them....This is the website:http://www.joyofhandspinning.com/angora-care.html

I hope this helps! And Good Luck with raising yourangora! Cassandra P.S.- If youhave anymore questions about angoras feel free to ask me anytime. AlsoI would love to see a pic of your bunny:)I'm sure he/she is georgeous.:D

You'll also find a lot of info on thisforumif you do a search for "Angora grooming". Wekeep our angoras sheared -- I use small embroidery shears.We've let the coat grow out a little on my son's English Angora so hecan take her to the local fair, so we are now blowing thecoat. (Brushing strips the undercoat)

Pam

MattFB.jpg

Welcome to the forum,emthesweetie!

Angoralover and Pamnock,

They're beautiful pictures of yourbabies.

-Carolyn

Oh, Pam, that bunny is just precious. I want to pick her up and snuggle her :D(while not smothering her, of course)

~M

The photo that Angora lover postedisastunning French Angora ARBA convention winner"AA's Lauren" from Georgia, owned by Angie's Angoras.

The black english angorabuck that Matthew is holding was agift to him from my friend Vicki of "Heart-O-Mine" English Angoras. Hisname is "Funny Bunny" and he's an absolute doll.

Pam

Rowan, if you take a look at this pic Ithink you'll be amazed of how big an angora can get. This rabbit isfrom the national angora rabbit breeders club.

The French & Satin Angorasarecommercial sized breeds -- the Giant Angora is obviously a Giant Breed:) The English Angora is the smallest of the"Angoras" averaging 6 pounds. The wool does make them appearrather large though.

The other 2 wooled breeds are much smaller. The Jersey Woolyaverages 3 pounds and the American Fuzzy Lop averages about 3 1/2 lbs.

(In the UK, some of the breeds are known under different names).

Pam

Baby English Angoras are absolutely adorable little fuzzballs! Below is a photo I took of some of my friend's babies.. .

angoralover

That is a BIG rabbit :shock:Is it a giant Angora?

Pam

Those babies are absolutely gorgeous :D,thanks for the info,I love learning about rabbit breeds and how they work genetically andotherwise. I'm beginning to long for a whole range of different typesof rabbit. Luckily for my five little crossbreeds it isn't possible,their little noses would certainly be put out of joint by the pedigreecrowd!:)I love them to bits anyway,

Kate

Back