calici virus vaccine and ear mite injection?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d0tti

Reaction score
My bun hermie had her calici virus vaccine today. Also an ear more treatment injection, as she was exposed to a bun with ear mites. Her brother and bonding bunny who she had been separate for about 2 weeks, died of suspected calici virus today during desexing OP.
Hermie has.been acting different, not as spritely, I am grasping at straws here, does either vaccine or ear more treatment cause a rabbit to act different?
Im petrified she will die of what her brother Austin had :(.

wish I could help, but bunnies don't get vaccinated in the US ><

you might phone the vet and ask if there are possible side-effects for the injections she received and what the earliest symptoms of calici virus are (and maybe also ask about how it's spread) in case she picked it up somehow.

The calicivirus that affects rabbits (rabbit hemorrhagic disease) is very serious and can cause death in as little as one day. If you suspect that's what's wrong, I would bring her back to the vet asap.

She has a sprained foot. ugh, that is why she hasnt been running and jumping as usual! The vet is going to see her next week, he said give her rest and some antiinflammatory medicine he gave me. If in 2-3 days not any better to come in. He said it wasn't a side effect of the medication, but AH i'm having no luck with my buns lately. She bit me because i tried putting her in a little cage to stop her running around and rest the foot.

Latest posts

Back